1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets Offended How Chandler Parsons Treated Them In Free Agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketjunkie, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Enough of Mr. I'm a superstar and isn't it great that Dirk Diggler (the real superstar) took $8m so I can get the max). He wanted the role over a championship, bc him staying as a 3/3a role would have very likely led to a championship. Instead he got offended that he wasn't seen as the third guy and left at the worst time. Now I'm thinking that Cuban probably didn't even need a 12:01am deadline to accept and offer and that chandler went for it anyway. And he probably got let out early only bc of the rockets doing a favor for Fegan for getting them Dwight. Morey mentioned that the decision to let him out early was extremely complicated on the radio. I think that's code for we promised Fegan we'll let his other client out early so we can make up his lost agent money when Dwight gives up the fifth year (the other reasons are valid too but clearly there may have been additional factors). I'll miss what he brought but let's have a short thread thrashing him for cathartic reasons, shall we?

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

If we let Parsons out of his contract and some team offers him the MAX, who are we to be offended that the guy accepts? Do you want Parsons to turn it down and take less after being criminally underpaid for three years? Get a grip, we look really bad to other fans.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's a Dallas resident now and any threads about him should either be in the NBA Dish or, preferably, on Douchemavs.net. IMO.

1 person likes this.
  5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Why did you make another thread for this, when there's an identical thread a few spots down?

6. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

jeez just move on...

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

!!!!

Jesus. Let that hurt go.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

While I agree with you that this thread is unnecessary, this thread is the opposite of the one a few spots down.

9. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I don't endorse what rocketjunkie said, but the saying that Parsons was criminally underpaid is ridiculous. Dude was still earning maybe 15 times more money than most of us in a year. He got paid less because he was a freaking 2nd round pick that no team wanted to draft him in the first round. The first rounders were also locked into this 4 year structure, I don't get why there is no saying that thfirst rounders are criminally underpaid.

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons restricted or not, was a no win situation for the Rockets. I'm ready to let that go.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Since when are you the Rockets?

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dish thread, another 1 star given out. Also, thread title misleading. Stop starting threads.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Parsons will soon fade into Bolivian. No need to waste emotional energy on the metroplexual.

14. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Since Lin and Asik's threads are moved to the dish, why are Parsons' threads still here? I can care less about an ex-Rocket that abandoned us.

16. Remii

Remii Member

He didn't abandon anyone. The Rockets sent him out to find a contract that was best for him and said they would match it. He found that contract and the Rockets didn't match it. The Rockets didn't hold up their end of the bargain for their reasons. Simple as that.

But I agree. This thread should be closed or moved.

17. conquistador#11

his ex warned us all but did we listen? we thought we could tame him.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

This is exactly what I have been saying. Parsons, you got drafted in the 2nd Rd. so you got paid what a 2nd Rounder makes. You signed the contract now stfu and play out your contract. This jerk is so greedy and so full of himself that he was begging Morey to let him out of his contract years early so he could get paid what he thought he should be getting paid, not what he was drafted at and signed to. the kid is a narcissistic a-hole. Good riddance. Never really saw his personality as the kind that fits well on a Rockets jersey, he always behaved like a Laker to me, and I can't stand that.

19. houactuar

houactuar Member

He wasnt criminally underpaid for a second round pick. Kawhi is more underpaid. Frankly I am more underpaid. I get nothing for posting here. Nada. At least Parsons was paid. At least he had a job.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Douchemavs.net? Is that a real website?

Can we please create it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.