1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyler Hansbrough

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Joe Joe, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hansbrough may come out this year and should be available in the mid to late 20's. He won't be prolific in the NBA. He's not a shotblocker, but he has a big enough body so that he should be able to hold his position on defense.

His shooting isn't on par with Novak, but his range is close to that of Juwan. Hansbrough has a good college post up game, but I doubt he'll be as effective at the NBA level. Hansbrough has a good free throw percentage and generally only takes high percentage shots from the floor.

He's only a sophemore. It would not be bad to have him develop on the bench with a chance for him to crack the rotation in 2008-2009 season.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'd rather have Fazekas. 6'11" with skills. Can shoot all the way out to the 3 point line and has a post up game. And a better rebounder than Hansbrough.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Neither of the two guys yall mentioned will be cracking the Rockets roster anytime soon. And if they do... Then its not a good sign for the Rox PF situation.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I meant rotation rather than roster.

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

hansbrough will be a scrappy type like chuck hayes in the nba with a little more offensive game. he shouldnt be at the top of our draft board though.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He should if we are drafting 24 -26....

DD

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Fazekas or whoever we draft probably isn't going to be in the rotation next year. But, if we get a good fit, they could very well be a rotation piece in 2008-09. Deke will be gone and Juwan will be an expiring contract. I think Fazekas is a possible fit as a PF/backup Center. I just hope he is still there when we draft.

8. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

= Jason Collier

9. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

If hes available, we should definitely take Hansbrough. He has the smarts and skills to be a very productive player, even if hes a little short.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hansbrough or Aaron Gray: Who will be the worse pro?

11. Sextuple Double

No to Hansbrough. Bring Fazekas or Aaron Gray. Acie Law IV wouldn't be a bad decision either.

12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

If available, I'd take Hansbrough or Law. Hansbrough is a good fundamentally sound player and would fit nicely onto this team. Law is just clutch. Could be the next Cassell.

13. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Hansbrough isn't going to do jack in the NBA. I'd love to see Law in a Rockets uni though.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Law doesn't have NBA 3pt range.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I heard a guy on Pallilo the other day make a pretty good case for A&M's Joseph Jones. Sounded like his dad or something but seemed to indicate he might be coming out after this season if he thought he could be taken in the low to mid 20's.

#30 Joseph Jones - F-C...............PPG RPG APG FG%
    Height: 6'9" Weight: 250 Year: Jr 13.3 6.6 1.2 55.6

NBA Comparison: Zach Randolph

Strengths: Bigman with a huge frame and great body strength ... Classic PF who plays back to the basket ... Has some developing post moves and scores well on big, strong opponents ... Already has a developed mid range jumpshot with excellent touch out to 12-15 feet ... Very good at scoring in the low block, great touch ... Finishes well after contact ... Very tough, does not get outmuscled or intimidated ... His soft hands and long arms make him a terrific rebounder ... Has good vision and passing skills ... Very mature player, plays to his strengths, doesn't try to do too much ... Knows how to seal his man and creates a big target posting up ... Great at drawing fouls and converting from the free throw line ... Has good body strength and appears as thought he can add another 15 pounds of muscle ... Ball handling is good for a post ...

Weaknesses: Must become more disciplined defensively, as he's foul prone especially on help defense ... He is most effective in the half court, his leaping ability and body control are much better in the post than on the break ... Best suited to a slower tempo team ... Not much of a shot blocker despite his long arms ... Lacks quick explosiveness ... Doesn't always run the floor hard ... Gets winded easily, needs to work on his physical conditioning ... Tends to get out of control driving to the basket, should work on pulling up for 5-8 foot jumpers ...

-Aran Smith 2/2/06
    http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/josephjones.asp

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thats gotta be the worst description of Joseph Jones I have ever read in my life. Doesn't get intimidated easily? Terrific rebounder? MY ASS... Excellent shooter though, his range is well over 15ft.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Signed,

David Lee

18. htownbball

htownbball Member

lee is bigger and a much better athlete than hansbrough...see mcdonalds dunk contest.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

DD, you'll give your endorsement to anybody though! :)

20. awo86

awo86 Rookie

aaron gray for sure