1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New U2 album free on iTunes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Sep 9, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/09/apple-u2-exclusive-free-album/
    Apple is giving away U2's new album 'Songs of Innocence' on iTunes

To close out today's event, Apple CEO Tim Cook and U2 announced that the band's newest album is launching right now on iTunes. It's available free, and will be there exclusively until October 13th to all account holders. If you don't have an account, just create one within the next five weeks and you can download all 11 tracks from Songs of Innocence free of charge. The servers are (predictably) a bit slammed, but it should be available right in the albums section of iTunes on PCs or your Apple device to download it. It will also be available on iTunes Radio and Beats Music for streaming, starting tomorrow. U2 closed out the show by performing the album's lead single "The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)". Rolling Stone has some details from band members about the collaborations (Danger Mouse, Flood and some of Adele's producers) and influences for the album, but check back here to get our first impressions of both new iPhone 6 models, and the Apple Watch.

SOURCE: Apple, iTunes, Apple.com/U2
    MORE COVERAGE: Rolling Stone

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

In keeping with this thread, does anyone want me to post pictures of my BM's ? The recent ones weren't very good but some from my "rice and gravy" days were pretty epic.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'll be handing out some free long grain rice on 9/12 from about 3pm-7pm. I bought an extra large bag and I later realized I don't eat that much rice. Please bring your own cup to transport the rice.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Am I missing something with the last two posts?

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I bought a sixer of Devil's Backbone tripe Ale. It's nasty. I'll be handing out the other 5 on the corner of Heights and Washngton Ave this Wednesday evening. Bring your own opener, I'm not your b****.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hold them until 10/1 and I'll take all five off your hands.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

U2 and Coldplay almost sound like the same band these days. I'm listening to these new songs and all I'm thinking is Chris Martin should be singing these songs and the rest of the band sounds like Coldplay. Granted, I've only gotten through two songs.

I'm not sure I get U2 these days.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is it just the previews? I can't get it to play the entire song.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know how you can spin the first track and think Coldplay. Most of Coldplay's stuff since their 3rd album sounds like either orchestras, synths, drum loops, and other programmed stuff is drowning out the actual band while U2 is still playing their instruments.

Not that they sound alike, but Coldplay reminds me more of Radiohead in that neither seem interested in being rock bands anymore.

Anyways, I've had one listen so far and I like it more overall than their last album, but I don't think they have a smash single on here that will be interesting to a younger generation like they managed to do with their first 2 albums of the 2000s. They are the Rolling Stones now. They will still have massive tours, but their not getting 30 million plus hits on Youtube.

Also, I can't wait for a new episode of "U Talkin' U2 To Me?"

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qvQoFRFd13g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>