1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Come on, if there isn't any good Rockets talk on this board right now, then how can the less obsessed on talk radio talk about anything good? Zero Rockets news right now. Nothing is happening. Nothing. It sucks after we got the shaft to have nothing to talk about to counter how crappy it was Bosh passed on us be Cuban way overpaid Parsons and we lost our valuable pick dumping Lin. Those were the last big news items. Not much since.

2. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

#BeWell

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

biggest problem with sports talk radio is the callers. i can't stand when they take calls. the majority of fans that call radio shows are the dumbest i swear.

1 person likes this.
  4. The Law

The Law Member

Why are you on here? I thought you didn't know anything about sports.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

True, no rockets news at the moment but what about since the Texans season ended from January up until the draft? It was still 70% Texans even when the Rockets were the only professional team in Houston playing.

Anyway, I get it, Football City, everyone loves football. I get it, but I don't like it and I'm using this thread to complain. That's what it's here for and to hear others that are also sick and tired of hearing Texans all day, all year.

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I listen to the radio day in and day out, when its basketball season / draft time / free agent time...outside of INSIDE THE TRENCHES ...you get plenty of Rockets talk on 790.

Pat Bev and CP used to always be on MT show... In a 3-4 hour show, during the season if 2-3 hrs is Rocket Talk, I am more than happy with it.

I do understand that callers drive the show, and it seems like most of the people with time to call, arnt the most educated of sports fans. That might be what drives you crazy.

7. Gip_txag

Gip_txag Member

The only show that really ignores the Rockets consistently is the one that airs on 97.5 during the evening. All they talk about are the texans, college football and betting.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The one with fred four and AJ hoffman? Those guys really don't talk about anything, they talk about off-topic stuff, movies, women, shows, current events, random things. That's the way 1560 is too, it's more like a Man show than specifically about sports. For some reason I'm Ok with 97.5 show though, 1560 is downright boring.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

AJ Hoffman from 97.5 is the biggest negative and Rockets' hater there is. He is an ass hole and I can't stand him. He does know Football and Baseball and others sports. But when it comes to Basketball, he sucks. He has lack of Basketball knowledge.

10. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

I agree that show sucks!!!!!!!!!

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

As a gambler and poker player I really liked it when it was Matt Dean and Faour. Since Dean left and AJ took over I hardly catch it anymore.

12. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

wait...yall know you live in Texas right?

13. kchin

kchin Member

Why are you surprised about the lack of Rockets talk. People here don't care about basketball. Unless its football or bass fishing, to them its not worth talking about.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So this morning Lance was talking to Morey and at the end he was like "call in tomorrow and talk about the rockets." Immediately after he was like lets talk some more about mallet and only football.

The rockets are 5-0, maybe a segment or two on them won't hurt. You are their flagship station.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The elections results reminded me again.:(

Look guys. If you want them to talk about the Rockets, CALL THEM AND TALK.

Yesterday, Matt Thomas was begging for Rockets calls and no one called.

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I've been tuning in this week to hear all about it, but they've hardly made any mention. Lance and Adam are the worst about basketball.
    Matt and Charlie will discuss it moreso.

17. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

football is stupid
    thats why only americans like it
    basketball is great
    thats why the world loves it

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure if they beat the Spurs tonight, they'll get some attention tomorrow morning on local sports radio. And if they go on to beat the Warriors this weekend, they'll definitely be a topic of discussion Monday morning considering this is a bye week for the Texans.

#298 count_dough-ku, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess you didn't hear. The backup QB is now the starter!!!!

STOP THE ****ING PRESSES.

20. SuraGotMadHops

5-0 start and not a peep.

It wasn't always like this. Since the Texans made the playoffs in 2011-2012 it changed the whole radio game to Texans only.

Back in the early to mid 2000s, all you heard was Astros.

It will take a deep Rockets playoff run to turn it back that way. Plus, the limited viewership the past two years has hurt too.