1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] James Harden, Jeremy Lin post-game interviews. JH: "We're not guarding anyone."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Locker room interviews after the Rockets' 117-109 home loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.

James Harden
    [youtube]0NG3ytpKyHM[/youtube]

Jeremy Lin
    [youtube]BIMw5evx3kE[/youtube]

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Clutch - are you a full-time journalist now or do you just do this for fun? I know you started this site as a labor of love, just curious if you still have a different job or if you do this full time now? Anyways, thanks for the videos!

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

LMAO at Harden talking about we aren't guarding anyone. Wasn't he walking back on D in that one possession that allowed the Clippers to get a wide open 3? Harden just needs to TRY on D. I don't need him to be perfect but he could at least give some effort. He doesn't even do that.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Agreed. Love Harden's game and he's a beast but he hardly plays defense.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Has there ever been a team that led the league in pace that played excellent defense? What teams have had the highest defense/pace combination?

6. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Spurs?

7. Gil

Gil Member

Spurs are a Top 5 defensive and offensive team.

8. pnr

pnr Member

Tim Duncan does that for ya.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Not just Tim. After all we have Omer Asik who is excellent on D. Spurs have a lot of good defenders on there roster. Kawhii is one of them. Also Spurs are a veteran team so they always execute on D & O. Young teams won't be consistent on D unfortunately.

10. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

They only tried defensively in the first half but stopped in the second, SMH.

Hopefully McHale ripped them a new one and they bring the defense for the whole 4 quarters tomorrow.

11. tomato

tomato Member

Nothing we haven't seen before from Harden on the defensive end. I partially hate that I get to say "i told you so" to the guy who said Harden's defense was good, thus making him a qualified superstar.

12. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Harden is an offensive juggernaut but yeah, he plays some of the worst D I have ever seen. Willie Green is considered the weak-spot for the Clippers, no reason for him to be lighting us up.

13. steady

steady Member

And a top 5 pace (currently 3rd).

14. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

i wonder if the coaching staff is holding every player accountable on D....

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

For this game, I believe, defense was overrated...neither team played any real defense. Clippers made more open shots and Houston couldn't buy any shots in the 3rd quarter. You'll bound to lose when you barely clip 50% from the charity line and down by a 20% plus margin in 3 pointers. Really bad four past games...law of average should dictate more efficiency soon.

16. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Thanks Clutch^^

17. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Should ask him why his 3-pt shooting sucks after showing promise during the summer, and what he's doing to fix it.

Also when things are going well, he always thanks God, but God gets a free pass when they lose :p

18. Luca

Luca Member

Come on man, let him be with his religion. Having said that his shooting is terrible and he needs to fix it ASAP.

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

3-point is almost like shooting FTs...either your a Howard or a Nash, I don't think Lin will ever fix it. The solution is to step on the line...always seems to make it when he does it.:grin:

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Willie Green was killing Harden off the ball in the 3rd and Crawford was just destroying Lin off the Dribble.You can talk all you like, but no action . Beverley looked pretty damn good on defense in his 2 mnutes.