1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin addresses American people in NY Times -- he pimp slaps and humiliates Obama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Some interesting numbers in this comparison of Russia and the US. Aside from number of tanks, etc it also accounts for population, debt, etc.

Even with all of the debt accrued by the US it still eeks out Russia for the number 1 spot.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...rica&country2=Russia&Submit=Compare+Countries

2. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

It is so ridiculous. you have derogatory images of obama floating around the interwebs making him look like hitler or stalin but now they are worshiping the russians because of some perceived political smackdown. when putin first came into powrr he let some sailors on a sucken nuclear sub die because he wouldnt ask the us for help. that is the type of leader he is. he is flush with oil and natural gas money so he is literally flexxing for the cameras.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't think that is still a thing.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really? :confused:

Last I checked the US and Russia still maintain nuclear arsenals capable of incinerating each other and most of the World.

5. Bandwagoner

Hard to deliver after a few hundred have gone off and all your base are belong to us. Modern tactical nukes are much lower yield than the hundreds of monsters we have already tested above ground. Your older than me but wasn't getting rid of MAD the entire point of Star Wars? So I would say I disagree based on a nuclear war not being the apocolypse Mad Max promised, and MAD not being the strategery. Having been replaced with superior intelligence of silo locations, superior missile defense and much more accurate and reliable delivery systems. Not nearly as confident of the latter.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Star Wars was never implemented. That is why the last two Admins have insisted that the missile defense system, also not implemented, is only designed to stop very limited missile strikes from countries like Iran and NK. Not actually stop a full scale launch from Russia or China.

Even leaving out land based missiles both the US and Russia have sub based missiles with each sub carrying enough fire power to turn much of each others countries into glass.

MAD is very much still in effect.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Scrapping the Star Wars program was a huge mistake . Russia is claiming they will launch their version in 2014

8. LScolaDominates

No, provoking Russia by placing missile defense systems near their borders is a huge mistake. Militarizing space would be a mistake of unprecedented scale.

9. Bandwagoner

A comprehensive national missile defense was never deployed but billions were spent in research and that has gone towards protection of silos and sensitive targets. Not to mention detection.

This is just scientifically not the case. Even if none of the subs were killed by the hunter/killers tracking them, 100 kiloton warheads don't have that ability. If they dropped one on Dallas, and the wind took the fallout directly to arlington, the level of fallout where symptoms of radiation sickness are noticeable wouldn't even reach the halfway point. The massive bombs from the 60's would blow all the houses down in a radius that encompasses Arlington.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I seriously can't believe you are downplaying the consequences of nuclear war between the US and Russia.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Wow. Just...........wow.

Do you know anything about Russia beyond watching Red Dawn or some ****? This is just adorable. I mean, heck, military warfare being defined by elan? Am I in 1913?

12. Bandwagoner

By downplaying you mean saying both countries WOULDN'T be a complete wasteland. THAT wouldn't happen, a ton of other terrible stuff would.

Like I said before, even the consequences of a conventional war with Russia would be devastating.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

quite frankly, over-aggressively ultra nationalist raging douche-zealot posts never surprise me on here. i've actually chalked it up to some sort of over-compensation disorder