1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/3/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Start Von Wafer,bench T-Slack.

Please win this one.It's a needed win.But I doubt we could pull ourself out of the anguish last night and come out big tonight to rout the Hawks.It would be close win or another loss.

Please! :mad:

3. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Second!!!

Too bad I almost don't even care anymore. Its tough to love a team with this much dispassion... such a dumb coach... and such a bad point guard... don't EVEN let me get started with Tracy McLady.

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

If we play like last night it will be a never ending nightmare of Yao getting dunked on.
    Not all Yao's fault, but the Hawks are a team that are not afraid to attack the basket.
    With the piss poor defensive effort of last night, it could make Yao a poster boy tonight and that Moon dunk look like a lay-up drill, and tonight look like the Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk Challenge.

#4 Gummi Clutch, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Let's see how rockets, as a team, responses. Basketball was not a one-person game, always, and will never be.

Guys, really, stop bashing any one for our losses, you know who is most hurt playing an embarrasing game? The players themsevles! Anyone who do plays basketball know, if you lose, you are the one who feels it the most. So stop throwing your negative emotions on this forum. If you are not mature enough to behave yourselves, then please, please, leave this forum

6. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Please for the love of god...play good and win.

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Let's see how rockets, as a team, responses. Basketball was not a one-person game, always, and will never be.

Guys, really, stop bashing any one for our losses, you know who is most hurt playing an embarrasing game? The players themsevles! Anyone who does play basketball know, if you lose, you are the one who feels it the most. So stop throwing your negative emotions on this forum. If you are not mature enough to behave yourselves, then please, please, leave this forum

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I predict that this one is going to get ugly. Either the Rockets are going to recover some measure of self respect and play like there is no tomorrow, OR they are going to decline further and get blown out by 20 or 30. Sadly, I am inclined to believe that option two is more likely. I hope the Rockets surprise me. :(

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Rockets continue to not play well and will likely lose tonight. We're in for a long streak of mediocre play (so far lasting six games and I fully expect it to continue tonight).

We're going to finish the road trip 22-16 and out of the playoffs. After our home stand, we'll be 24-19 and on life support. I hope I'm wrong, but our team has lottery written all over it.

10. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

my hope is that:

Tracy and Luther play extremely well to boost their trade value, and

the team loses so that Morey and management feel pressured to make a move.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm starting to miss JVG. Loved the guy, don't really have any feelings for RA....if he was fired, I wouldn't miss him. Although, I don't think he's a bad coach.

Even when we played ugly ball, and it was boring and slow....we always had our DEFENSE......We don't have crap anymore. :(

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

Play with some effort. Defense will be there if effort is there.

Execute Rick's offense. Don't revert back to standing on the perimeter and watching isolations offense.

And even if we do everything perfect... we still may lose.

13. Landlord Landry

We are too old, the Hawks are too young. I expect them to wear us down by running the floor all night.

we need a good defensive showing. it all starts on defense. Yao needs to shove someone to the floor, and then kick him while he's down, just to let the Hawks know how this game is gonna be played from the begining. :mad:

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

:mad: please win

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This one is going to be another loss.

16. 1individual

1individual Member

mcgrady scores -20, yao -30, and artest jacks up 100 shots... all airballs. I have no faith anymore.

17. AXG

AXG Member

The Rockets should start Wafer. He may not be a good player, but at least he plays hard and with energy- something TMac doesn't do. Let's go Rockets! Pull this one out in Atlanta!

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

[​IMG]

sadly TWO!

19. Pocket Rockets

this will be philadephia XVII

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Tonight might be a good night to start doing drugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.