1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey faints] Parsons signs with Dan Fegan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 20, 2013.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: Rockets forward Chandler Parsons terminated relationship with Priority Sports; will sign with Happy Walters/Dan Fegan at Relativity</p>&mdash; Darren Heitner (@DarrenHeitner) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenHeitner/status/336488140577595392">May 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chandler Parsons signing with Dan Fegan is VERY interesting. Perhaps can bridge some of alleged hard feelings with Fegan and Morey? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Dwight">#Dwight</a></p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/336516760679358465">May 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Goodbye Parsons :(

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hello Howard

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Whose Dan Fegan, he isn't the Landry agent is he?

5. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

TheCat - knowing the Rockets luck instead of Parsons combing things over with Fegan - it will make things worse.

Remember know Chandler has gone on record asking for a raise - he knows he signed that deal when it was good for him but I am sure he must hate it now. Everyone around the league knows he is probably the best talent/per dollar contract out there outside of Lebron/Durant. Even first round busts make more than he does. I am sure its probably getting to him.

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Looks like our chances of re-signing Parsons has gone way down. He's leaving for a big contract. Chandler at the 2013 Billboard Awards in Vegas. Coincidence ?!? :confused:

[​IMG]

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

But Chandler knows the situation. He made a deal most 2nd rounders would love. 4 years guaranteed. They can't extend him for more money because it would only be for about 150% more. Less than $3 million a year. If Morey could give him more money he would but they can't under the new CBA.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Relax folks we have rights to him - and as he keeps getting better he will be our 2nd or 3rd star.

DD

10. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

I still feel that Chandler likes playing here. I hope this is more of a move to fix the rocky relationship between Morey and Fegan and hopefully repair any burnt bridges. I think this only improves our Dwight chances, as now Chandler will be a medium for Fegan and Morey to talk through.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I completely agree.

12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Instead of recuiting Dwight, Parsons was the one recruited by Dwight.

Weak! :grin:

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

CP25 is not going anywhere.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah but, wouldn't surprise me if they push for the Rockets not picking up the option and signing Parsons to a larger deal. Parsons obviously deserves more. This could be trouble, hopefully not.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We can go over the luxury tax to give him whatever he wants when he's an unrestricted FA. Until then he has to know that his salary is pretty much the ONLY reason we are this flexible to go out and pursue a second superstar.

Wait for the superstar first, then cash your big check second. I hope he thinks like this, but probably he is just worried about having a career ending injury and needs to grab all the money he can now. It's sad for Rockets fans but that's the reality of it.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wow, Fegan? Any other agent would have bowed and scraped at Rox' b-hind and not done right by Chandler.

This has, as has been said and resaid, potentially very good ramifications for TheGoodGuys!

17. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

This is the best guy in our locker room.
    Priority Sports worked hands on and kept him in Houston when the team was being gutted and no one was safe.
    Parsons wanted to be here and make his mark.
    He has earned everything the hard way.
    Fegan sees only one thing here...$$$.
    I believe Morey will never call Fegans bluff and we will eventually lose Parsons,
    but Les could force Morey to bend over and pay an absurd amount to keep Parsons a fan favorite.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It seems like Fegan threw in the white towel with the Dwight situation, and instead said, "Ok. I'll give Dwight my blessings to go to Houston.....but hey, Chandler, what's up? :) "

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Fegan is all about getting his superstars max money. He was responsible for "Dwightmare" coming to L.A. He is not about team chemistry or getting the best fit for his players, which include DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Ricky Rubio, Amare Stoudemire, and Kevin Martin.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly.