1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'm also very surprised about this.

2. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Hey!!! You stole my joke :mad:

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

well..like Clutch said...which team with a high draft pick is going to want to give that up for Pau Gasol on the wrong side of 30? doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about the value of bringing in Pau Gasol?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not really because when talking about Morey, we have to remember that Boston was his experience and they procurred a high pick in the draft which they used to get Garnet.

I am thinking that maybe Morey believes he can recreate a scenario like that, as he has been involved in one before.

Just pissing in the wind really, trying to figure this move out.

DD

5. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

But if the Rockets get Paul, what makes you think Lowry would still be here. Either they get him or he leaves from a starting position

6. MadMax

wait what? confused..not sure what you're saying/asking

7. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

Anybody but Scola!!! I would love to see a Gasol and Scola tag team down low... Although, If we can get a Chandler and Gasol, that would be a beasty team.

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

DD think she knows... but he don't.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That maybe he thinks he can flip Gasol to a contender that has a high pick from another team as a trade asset.

Make sense?

DD

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I vote no if it's Scola and Martin. If it was one of the two I'd like it. Both is stretching us too thin for a guy who isn't a legit center. I don't see us doing much with a Gasol + Pat + Bud + Lee + Lowry lineup with the added bonus of zero depth.

11. MadMax

got it. what contender has a high pick?

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Terrible! Gasol is hardly better than Scola, and we'd be giving up Martin and Scola to get him, plus some of our young players!? The only way I could see this trade happening is if we end up with Okafor/Bynum as well. Gasol and Okafor/Bynum for Scola, Martin and young players sounds more fair. Okafor would be fair -- Bynum would favor us.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I still trying to see where Morey is going on this one. WOW!

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It could evolve into a Boston-like scenario, but not with the same caliber of players involved. Gasol and Nene would be a good start.

Amnesty cuts are a possibility as well. RJ?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The Hornets are expressing trepidation to those talking to them about three-team framework with Lakers and Rockets, league sources say.

17. MadMax

whew....

18. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The Hornets are expressing trepidation to those talking to them about three-team framework with Lakers and Rockets, league sources say.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

There is nothing to figure out. The move would have nothing to do with tanking. Gasol would be the player you build around. Morey has stated time and again that in order to contend you need a top 15 player, and put talent around him. Morey has shown the ability to acquire the ancillary talent, rather effortlessly. The hold up is getting the top 15 player to build around. That is Pau Gasol. No he did not win in Memphis. Just like Kobe didn't win in LA before they got him. He also didn't have Daryl freakin Morey building his team in Memphis.

For those who want to tank for a top pick. 9 times out of 10, the BEST case scenario for a top 3 pick is: Pau Gasol.

1 person likes this.
  20. brooksstephens

That's where I stopped. Take your Rocket-red glasses off and think for a second.