1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers replace TV announcers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jun 17, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

WOW now that's called being hands on with your team, knowing when it's time for a change and getting a veteran announcer who in my opinion is very good in Calabro. Blazers doing great things with their roster, court, pride jerseys and now media as well.

1 person likes this.
  2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I think Rockets may need to do the same. I love Bill, but he's getting close to being senile. Clyde.... well I don't think I need to to explain. I like Bullard.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why did they not contact Blazer legend Clyde Drexler? :confused: He'd be an excellent choice for them. ;)

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mike Rice was a disgrace and should have been canned several years ago.

Didn't have a problem with Mike Barrett. I will always remember him as the voice of Brandon Roy's great years.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What makes it really sad is Bill is the play-by-play guy. Rockets have to get rid of him asap.

It's passable when the commentator is sorry but when your main guy has lost as many gears as Bill, oh brother.

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I always thought their play-by-play guy was one of the best going. Huh.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think it's swell that Portland's Allen is doing whatever makes him feel good. If replacing the broadcast team does it for him, and Blazers fans end up liking the change, groovy. What I don't see is what any of it has to do with Bill Worrell, who is a living legend of the Houston Rockets, and who should keep calling the games until he simply gets tired of it and wants to quit. How he's survived Clyde is a miracle. Replace Clyde with Murph and you'll see a rejuvenated Bill.

If only...

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Callabro is very good you could do a lot worse. I remember hearing him on highlights when he was the voice of the Sonics.

9. Airdough

Airdough Member

Got my hopes up that somehow this was going to be related to replacing the radio crew. If Ackerman is going to be doing games, it needs to be on TV.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ho Chen and Calvin Murphy should call games for the Rockets.

11. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Worrell is extremely good, in fact borderline elite at PBP. He has a very deep understanding of the game. Substance should matter to serious fans.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can Portland fans at least watch the games yet? Or are they still only available to like 15% of the city?

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I have no problems with Bill, the Rockets simply need to bring Calvin back and have Bullard doing analysis with Kevin. Clyde, yeah, he needs to go now.

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I have enjoyed listening to Bill and still do. I'm not in a rush to replace him, let's enjoy him while we still can!

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I wan't Bill to do PBP as long as he can.

16. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

That cat is out of the bag, and nobody in the world wants to hear his turrrible announcing.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Typically it seems like getting these jobs is like getting tenure.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

same here. will be a sad day when i don't hear his voice on the broadcast :(

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We need to change our jerseys back to classics long before we deal with the broadcast crew.

Bill loves the big moments - not his fault the team hasn't gotten many recently.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That and he's had many many half seasons of experience. Fresh and half experienced: a match made in heaven.