1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which MVP player had the most disappointing postseason?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Which MVP player had the most disappointing postseason?

1. Stephen Curry 2016

43 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. Klayton Kershaw 2014

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Peyton Manning 2003 or 2004

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Many people believe he's overhyped and didn't deserve those 2 MVPs he's got.

2. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Its true that the Warriors 2015 championship is questioned due to injuries to opposing teams. But although they fell short this year, their near success this year already proves to me that last year was no fluke.

With nearly the same team, they beat a full strength Blazers, Thunder and can be argued that they choked away the Finals as much as the Cavs won it from them IMHO.

If the Cavs had blown away the Warriors this year, then you might have a case. They didn't. They won just barely and with a few things that fell in their favor that can't expect to always happen.

At worst you can claim that Warriors and Cavs at full strength are equally good but if you have a 50/50 chance of winning, then by definition it is NOT a "fluke"!

All of these thing indicate to me that while Warriors 2015 had things fall in their favor, they were a good enough team to win it all regardless. I agree that their chances with be less it would still be good and not near zero like you and others imply with this asterisk talk.

The 2016 Warriors actually prove that last year was NOT a fluke by showing that they are more than capable of beating teams at full strength at least half the time.

3. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

To me the only scenarios that would have really put into question last season's team accomplishments is some combination of:

0. Warriors losing to Rockets or Blazers.
    1. Thunder blow out or convincingly beat Warriors.
    2. Cavs blow out or convincingly beat Warriors.

If any of these things had happened then I think you really could question how good the Warriors were last year.

Its true they didn't beat the Cavs this year at full strength. But they were very close and close enough to show they were clearly no fluke unless you sincerely believe that if Cavs and Warriors replayed the Finals a million times in parallel universes, that Warriors would lose a large majority of those million times.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Lakers fans were very disappointed when Jabbar was swept by Walton.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Honestly the sample size is smaller for Kershaw because he only had 2 starts. But given how dominant he was in the regular season, I would see he was the most disappointing. I'm not making excuses for Curry, but he was at least hurt which I'm sure played even a tiny bit into why he wasn't himself.

Kershaw really had no excuse. The Cardinals really took it to him. People these days still don't trust Kershaw because of his postseason numbers.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Dirk Nowitzki

8. watashi315

watashi315 Member

REP! Definitely!

9. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I think Curry winning unanimous MVP is a little ridiculous. There's always one homer media guy who'll vote for the local dude. I think everyone is just blinded by those ridiculous 3s he throw up not to realize that you won't be able to shooting like that in the playoffs when teams start playing defense.