1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The celebratory thread for the minority ones like myself....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

.......that wanted Lin gone AND did not want Bosh on this team.

How I feel........

[​IMG]

OOOOOOoooooooooooo LALA!!!!!!

I have always said it and I am going to stick to it....

Bosh was NOT the answer.

I have already suffered through a soft PF that could not rebound while the team thought that he was the answer at that position (Juwan Howard). I do not want to go through this again.

Yes, the team would have been better with Bosh. I understand that especially given our PF situation. But it would still not have been good enough to win a championship. We would have had three flawed stars in Bosh, Howard, and Harden. Neither of the three is a leader. They are all followers. This team does not have a Lebron James to hide Chris Bosh's deficiencies and Chris Bosh is not good enough to hide this team's multiple deficiencies.

With a combo of Howard-Harden-Bosh-Parsons and the albatross contracts of Parsons and Bosh, the Rockets would have been a perennial $90 million 2nd or 3rd round playoffs exit team which eventually would have to be broken up.

So, yes, we failed to assemble that team, but I firmly believe that in doing so, we saved ourselves some years of frustration.

Yes we lost some draft picks in getting rid of Lin. But with the frustration that his play on the court and his fans bring, to me it was PICK WELL SPENT!! On a side-note, had we kept Dragic instead, we would have gotten draft picks back ala Asik trade, instead of giving them away.

Lin was a bad signing coming in (massively overpaid), was a bad player for this team (production wise and value wise), and was a bad trade even when going out (had to give up picks just for someone to take him off our books and also because of the timing of the trade). That my friend is a fail trifecta. Let this be a lesson to Morey or Les, depending on who was responsible for bringing him in, in the first place.

Rockets need to keep looking for the right players....

A three star team does not automatically guarantee a championship. They have to be complementary pieces. You can form a contender with complementary role players and a GOOD SYSTEM.

Most importantly they need to get a coach that can coach. This team does not even have an identity or a system yet. They play playground basketball.

As long as McHale is the Rockets coach, you would be stupid to dream of championships.

If you are Daryl Morey, what exactly are you selling to the potential FAs?

A coach that cannot coach coaching a team with two flawed stars and having neither a system nor an identity. Your two stars could not even take this team past the first round while having the home court advantage. How much weight do your words carry when you try to sell the FAs championships??

Keepin' it real since long before most of you were sperms and eggs..

PS. Great weekend for me. No Lin. No Bosh. Arsenal signed Alexis Sanchez. :grin:

#1 Zboy, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I agree with you Lin sucks.
    Bosh is a beta b****.

Still mad that we got burned by everybody.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Morey should have focused most of his attention on firing McHale the wort coach in the NBA and hiring some real coaches

Ultimately even with a team of 5 all stars, Rockets will never win the championship with the joke and clown that is McHale

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Look, bruh. I'm with you. I wanted bench depth over Bosh/Melo since Game 6.

But it's July 11th. In these 11 days so many role players I would of LOVED to have signed to the Rockets have already signed. I have no idea who we can sign now. I feel dead.

5. lexicalpedant

lexicalpedant New Member

I think Bosh would have made us an instant contender, but the coaching/system is an issue.

The thing is, we can bring in an assistant coach that can fix the defense. We were better with Sampson around, it was only after he left that it looked like a total collapse outside Bev/Howard/Asik.

I feel like if we get another hard-ass assistant coach that makes the players responsible for slacking on D we're not that bad off. Role players could get us there, especially if we found a pass-happy point guard that could play next to harden on the cheap(ish).

2 days is not a lot of time, though, and while Asik wasn't present for most of the regular season, he did help out in playoffs. I agree that Lin was a wash, a score-first, drive-to-the-paint PG isn't going to work that well with Harden.

1 person likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, at least I am happy that we didn't get Melo.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I was cooling on bosh and he isn't a max player anymore. The problem is there isn't a lot out there through free agency with Lowry off the market and the RFAs out of the question because the 3-day waiting period precludes us from resigning Parsons.

It's gotta be through trade

or

splitting our cap room between Ariza and Stephenson, and matching parsons? That's a lot of fire-power to add to Dwight, Harden, Bev, jones and DMo.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm glad Lin is gone. Just not happy we paid a 1st rounder and have nothing to show for it. Hopefully Morey does something soon.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok, I get what you don't want, but what are we exactly celebrating? Being worse?

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

**** Bosh.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Congratulations...?

12. djimi

djimi Member

Yes!! Thank you. i been waiting for someone to come up with this. exactly my thoughts, i didnt want Bosh the first time and i certainly didnt want him again, he's soft, paying him the max is a big mistake, Miami will find out the hard way. And not getting Melo is another bonus. And i also agree about getting a new coach. We need to be patient, things will fall in place as we move forward

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Bosh would have fit real well, but I've got to admit that was a lot of money. Might be better uses of it. Just not much time.

14. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Quit backtracking.

Now that he decided to stay in Miami, some of you guys are backtracking?

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I've always called Bosh a p***y and a beta b****.
    I still wanted him, because he didn't need to be a post banger. He just needed to shoot those open Js.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Believe it or not, but on a site with over 50,000 registered accounts there are actually varying opinions.

17. newAge_Rockets

Yeah, but who else could we have signed. LeBron James was either Cleveland or Miami, Melo wants a big market, no guarantees Love would resign after a trade, Kawhi will be retained by the Spurs at any cost, Aldridge says he'll sign an extension with Portland. Bosh was our last option at a star, and even though he's older, somewhat soft, and grossly overpaid he would have had a huge impact at least defensively against the other WC power forwards. He also would have been the pick and pop forward that would have filled the void in our offense. The 4 year contract would have basically been a 2-3 year gamble of Harden/Bosh/Howard winning a ring.

18. newAge_Rockets

Also, do you think bench depth is what would take us to the promised land? More so than Bosh?

19. sTWO

sTWO Member

Good points here. Look at the last team that won it all with a dominant SG and C - the early 2000's Lakers. Who did they surround Kobe and Shaq with? Lots of feisty role players who had budget contracts. It didn't make headlines, but it sure did bring out the best in the team. Plus of course they had PJ as their coach who was a methodical planner.

There is no better Center in the league than Howard. There is no better Shooting Guard in the league than Harden. We're lucky to have both and probably don't need any more stars. We need to build a gritty team around them and force McHale to prove this year that he deserves to keep coaching them. They won't be in their prime forever.

20. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Cuban: You asked about Dirk? Now I gave real offer to Parsons.
    Parsons: I am ok with $1m this year, but won't mind $15m. .free pass? who cares.
    Riley: Wanna screw me? Now screw u up. I got a bad contract, but u got nth.
    Morey: #@$, I heard Yao is looking for a GM for his team. No Cuban or Riley like there.

Harden: I wish I have given Bosh a tour of great clubs here.
    Bosh: Miami clubs are better, and now i got more $ to tip.
    Howard: I will be happy if I get more shots, that why i left LA.
    McHale: Tell me how to make u happy and i will do that.
    Lin:Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from CA.
    Kobe: Lin you will never worry about me passing u at the last second, cuz I wanna take all last second shots.