1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Team signed team ball 2007-2008 team

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by texanskan, May 6, 2008.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

So I got a team ball signed for having perfect attendance as a season ticket holder. I am moving to NYC for a few years and can't bring all my stuff so make me an offer on here or email if your intrested.

The ball is an official game ball (retail 100 bucks) and signed a conservative estimate on value was 400 bucks.

I'll take 400 for it and bring it to you in the Houston area. I will consider other offers but I will just put it in a charity auction if I dont get close to that 400.

Also it was signed early in the season because it has Mike James and Bonzi on the ball so it is for the team out of camp.

alexskandalis@gmail.com

I'll check offers for the next 72 hours if I don't get a good offer I will look in another direction.

thanks. texanskan

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

take $100 off for the Mike James sig and another $100 for the Bonzi sig.

3. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

a ball doesn't take much room....why wouldn't you take the ball with you...priorities!!!!
    :confused:

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

did u receive yours at the Clippers game? got mine at halftime, met Stevierebel there

good luck in NYC bro, going to try to make a game up there next season

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Yes sir. That was a great experience. Get on the court for two seconds. But it was a great way to wrap up my first year as a season ticket holder.

I would make sure it would make the move with me if I had to but it is your call.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Why would any Rockets fan want to sell a signed team ball of the 2007-2008 team that won an historic 22 straight games? You must really want some money.

7. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Well, I'll tell you what. If you want to donate it to a charity auction, my mom does a lot of work with the Sugar Land Cultural Arts Foundation and Faith in Practice.
    [​IMG]
    That's my mom, stepdad, stepdad's partner and all around awesome friend, and Beverly. My uncle was doing anesthesiology. My parents put together a mission trip to Guatemala every other year, and Faith in Practice sends a ton of teams over. I've gone to Guatemala twice myself (once with FIP and once with Las Familias de Esperanzas).
    http://www.faithinpractice.org/

The Sugar Land Cultural Arts Foundation
    http://www.fortbendcalendar.com/memberview.asp?id=252

I don't remember which organization it was with, but they auctioned off another team ball a few years back signed by Yao Ming, Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Kelvin Cato, and the rest of the 02-03 Rockets.
    Let me know if you're interested.

And if you're interested or just unsure of where to donate the ball (if you chose to do so), here's some Houston-based charities I'm rather fond of to give you an idea:

Star of Hope
    http://www.sohmission.org/main.asp

Catholic charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
    http://www.catholiccharities.org/

The Children's Fund
    http://www.childrens-fund.org/

Etc. etc. I'm sure you have many. I'll email this too you as well.

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

You should dontate it to the Human Fund.

Signed,

George Costanza

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

without a certificate of authenticity you won't get as much as you think for it. we all know you got it at the game but to someone who is a collector or wanting to buy it they want to have that certificate.

Of course a fan on the board or something that wants to keep it won't care but anyone else might.

10. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

rub the signatures off, I am looking for a new basketball to play with.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Do you have photos? Not sure about your pricing methodology. I have a signed ball from the 95 Championship team and I doubt I could get $500 for it.

12. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I actually contacted my season ticket rep and was able to get a letter stating that the ball was signed in the presence of so and so of the rockets on blah blah blah date as a form of a COA. The letter was sent to me and Rockets letterhead with an original signature and date.