1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Blame Them

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLOBABYDADDY, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Thanks for putting it in perspective. Good thoughts.

2. Nero

Nero Member

Dumb post is dumb.

Even if we don't land a big fish, we will still get a few medium fishes.

Cuban just gave CP 16 mil per year. Dirk is like 60 years old. Yeah they have Monta Ellis.

And what else?

Even if we only get vet fillers at the 3 and a vet backup 5, who do you think is going to have a better record this year - Houston or Dallas?

And Miami was sheer stupid to give Bosh that much. heck, it was iffy to consider giving him FOUR years HERE.

I guarantee you, in 2 years, both Dallas and Miami are desperately trying to deal CP and Bosh to try to get rid of those stupid contracts, and are going to have to give away *ASSETS* along with them, just to get someone to take the contracts (a-la Lin to LA) - thus sending those teams even FURTHER into the pit of perpetual mediocrity.

guess which team WON'T be trying to dump Bosh or CP's stupid contracts?

Did you complainers learn nothing from almost a decade of cap-strapped 14th-pick hell?

Wake up. Morey keeps us in the hunt for options to improve the team EVERY YEAR now. Of the 32 teams in the entire LEAGUE, only ONE was on everybody's minds and voices as THE team Bosh would presumably go, once LBJ skipped out of Miami. 31 other teams, but only HOUSTON was the presumed place. WHY? Why weren't 31 other teams in on that? At least half of them would have been improved by Bosh on their team, so WHY weren't 15 other teams fighting over him?

Because not every team was even ABLE to consider adding a max player like that, and still keep a competitive team at the same time.

The ONLY problem with Morey's strategy is that it does depend on the other entities in the league acting both responsibly and intelligently. Morey's plan presumes that other GM's aren't going to behave self-destructively and unreasonably stupidly.

And on balance, that is how it worked - 30 other teams did NOT offer CP sixteem mil per year.. nobody else offered Bosh as much as we were offering..

Except.. it only takes one. One desperate moron to do something monumentally STUPID and throw astonishingly absurd money at players who are frankly not worth it.

Cuban thought he was being clever. But in two years, he will be crying louder than anyone, and the fans up there will be crucifying CP because he's just not a max player. He's good, he's not great.

Same thing in Miami. Giving Bosh that money.. man.. Riley is a complete idiot for doing that. I don't care how far they are under the cap this year, they are now on the hook to pay a middle-tier soft PF almost 22 million a year for FIVE YEARS. The guy is closer to Juwan Howard than Tim Duncan.

And everybody knows it.

That's why everybody assumed Bosh was going to Houston. We were willing to pay what was supposed to be a 'premium' for him, more than anyone else was willing to swallow.

Until Riley said 'You know, F this, it's not my money anyway. Let's give Bosh craaaaaayzeeee money! WOOHOO!! It's like he has been possessed by Drayton McLane or something.'

Cuban is a boffoon with a lot of money and he got lucky once. But he has just hamstrung his team with a huge bad contract - remember how much everyone hated Lin's contract? - and THAT only hit the cap at 8 mil per season..

But you know what? I certainly don't blame Parsons, or hold any animosity toward him. I hope by some miracle we keep him, but not at the expense of crippling the team in the future. But he has been so vastly underpaid, he deserves this payday. He really does, I just wish it had been here as part of a championship team, and not languishing in Dallas on a perennial 8th seed or worse team.

We'll be fine either way, and most likely attention now turns to Love..

Hey, here's a novel idea! Maybe it's a good time to see if any of these Eurostash players we have built up over the years can actually PLAY.. lol

3. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Who ripped Morey? I just said that it does play a part just as everything else. Morey is not a bad GM and he is not a GOD neither. Has he had some good moves, yes. Has he had some bad ones, yes. I feel that if guys wouldn't put him on Mt Rushmore of all time GMs, then it wouldn't be many downing his every move..... It is no different from the Lin debate.

4. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Oh yeah, I posted this in the "Good time for a knee jerk" thread. My post on Morey was that this was not his fault, because he tries to make the team better whether or not most people agree with the moves.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Great post ... We gotta stay positive. We still have the best 2 and 5 in the league plus DM the GM to pick up the pieces on the fly

6. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

I don't quite get the reluctance of "superstars" to come to Houston. Heck...it's not like we're some hick town. We're the fourth largest city in the United States. We have the hottest women in the world. We have killer restaurants....world class in fact. While it's hot as hell in the summer, it's great, climate wise, the rest of the year. The housing market is cheaper here. I could go on and on...

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Found a video of Les talking to Morey after we missed out on Bosh...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GtkST5-ZFHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I was like 24 when I made it and Clutch won't let me change. Like that tattoo you get in your 20's and regret when you're in your 30's

9. newAge_Rockets

I don't wanna accept it, but OP is right.