1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Cliches

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Oski2005, Apr 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Is anybody else tired of hearing the same old tired sayings from players, coaches, owners, and analyst?

I wish I had posted this when I first thought of it and I had lots of them on my mind. Here are a few of the most overused though.

1. When answering media questions, players always answer with the word "definately." (Francis, I'm looking in your direction.)

2. No Doubt is a good band to use for NBA commercials because players say "no doubt" every ten seconds of an interview.

3. Why do so many interview questions start with "Your Critics say..."?

4. Why is the answer to stopping an inside/slashing team or a 3 point shooting team to "Guard them on the Perimeter"? Why would the 3 point team be forced to go inside and the inside/slashng team be forced to take 3 pointers?

5. Why do coaches want the other team to "play our game"?

I know all you bbs members can think of plenty more so I hope you will post them here. It's important that we find out who is behind this and why they want players, coaches, etc... to keep telling us the same thing night in and night out.:p

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Really? I thought it was, "oh, no question." Am I right?

3. Oski2005

They are used equally, that's one I forgot. But that's what we're here for, to figure this mess out...

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love this game.......

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

"110%"

"Always gives a lot of heart"

"We've just got to play our game"

"He couldn't hit the ocean"

"He was unconscious tonight"

"That was a ------- ------ call, you ------- rent-a-ref!"

6. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It felt good leaving my hands. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. That's just basketball, I guess.

Cuttino Mobley, after a last-second, 30 ft., fadeaway, game- losing heave, with KT, Griffin, and Cato free under the basket.

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Here's one of Bob Knight's favorites:

Game Face!

8. junglerules

junglerules Member

some espn reporter the other day was joking about how after every game 1 of an nba series, you'll hear the word "adjustments" every 10 seconds. Sure enough, watch any interview, game, broadcast, etc., and you'll hear people talking about making adjustments after game one....

9. Oski2005

Bob Knight: "What is a game face?" :p :eek: :D :eek: ;) :p

The Media: "Ha ha ha ha ha."

10. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

"we just have to go out there and give it our all."

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

"We must come out focused."

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

"The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex. I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left.’’

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I definitely hear you, Oski2005. I'm definitely tired of the media interviewing players and asking them the same questions, and then the players giving the same answers.

An interesting thing I thought I'd mention: there's at least one player left in the league who gives intelligent, articulate, original interviews. Doug Christie. I see almost all the Sacramento games (since I live there), and they always interview the "Tower-Records Player of the Game" at the end. Sometimes I think they just pick Christie because he gives a great interview. Webber spits out the same crap every time. So does Peja. So does Adelman. So does all the rest of the team (except Pollard isn't that bad, not great though).

I saw a slew of Kings interviews right before Game 2 against the Jazz. They talked to Christie first, then interviewed about 5 other players + Adelman. Me and the rest of my family of four were all left wondering why they didn't just give Christie the entire 10 minutes. :)