1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets cared like we cared!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Nov 12, 2015.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

That lost to an 0-7 team last night is unfortunately who we are. A team with no real system, no identity, and no real coach. We go out there and "play hard" and hope Harden has 35+ points, Dwight has 20/20 or hope we shoot lights out from 3pt range (which is hilarious because we don't have any true 3 pt shooters).

That's not sustainable. Going to the WCF was fools gold. The Warriors punched us in the mouth and we folded; they exposed us as a team with no real system that rode Harden's hot hand all season long.

This team needs a leader (usually that's a coach). These players don't listen to Mchale, they respect his NBA career, but as a coach? Please. He's a players coach because he rolls the ball out and let's the players play FREE and do what they want, as long as they "play harder". Pick and role? We can pick that up overnight. Defensive rotations? It's not rocket science.

We invest a lot into this team, this forum is proof. I just wish someone in that organization would wake up, and make the changes that need to be made, this window is closing, and closing quickly.

To come out with no energy, turn the ball over, and run the same high school pick and roll sets is frustrating to watch. Small ball? It works through segments of a game, not ALL the time. A good nba system works even if you don't have superstars. Key player rotations ( something mchale sucks at) can win and lose you a ball game.

Morey will be fired before he gives up on His data analytics and three pointers philosophy. Les needs to make a move, and find a leader of men, who has a system, demands effort on defense and has a proven track record as a coach.

Somebody in that organization care like we the fans care and stop putting us through this emotional roller coaster.

2 people like this.
  2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If we made millions like the players do

3. Manos

Manos Member

There is way too much one on one ball. Reminds me of watching Tmac run iso after iso.
    Harden isos - eats up 10 seconds with a few jab steps - nothing, passes to Ariza. Ariza isos - couple of dribbles, drives in four feet, passes out to Thornton. Thornton covered swings it to random guy on perimeter, 3 seconds left - random guy hoists contested 3...., off the back of the iron.

Rinse.

Repeat.

I think we rely too much on individual talent and athleticism, not enough set plays or team ball. To me, that's a question of coaching. I think Morey has done a great job accumulating talent, but the coaching isn't there. I think that McHale has allowed the players to run the show so long, given them such free reign, that he doesn't have the same kind of respect you see the Spurs' players giving Popovich. You can't allow the dogs to piss in the house and sleep on the couch for years, then decide it's not how you want to run your house. McHale's bad habits will only get fixed with a new, no-nonsense coaching staff IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like McHale, but I don't feel like he's coaching the team any further than telling them 'play harder' and 'we've got to bet back on defense' type stuff.

It's frustrating to watch this much talent play so poorly, perhaps they need some time to gel. IDK, maybe it will be better when they get back Dmo, Jones, Bev, get Lawson comfortable, etc., where they can have defined roles and a consistent line up for an extended amount of time. It's still early in the season. I just hate giving away games like last night, Denver, Orlando and Miami. My fear is that those are really going to come back to haunt us at the end of the season when we're vying for playoff position.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What if the Rockets played at the quality level as the majority of the posts currently on CF?

What team would that be the equivalent to currently?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Man, if only they played like we posted

1 person likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, well, guess what? That's how the Nets have been feeling for 6 games. I'm sure their fans were saying the same thing. Even the Raptors beat the 72-10 bulls...**** happens and people need to get over it.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lose to the WORST team in the league at home brehs

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol...

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sacramento Queens, no doubt about it.

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Exactly, repped. What a nerve to assume that the players, coach, GM, or owner care less than the fans. Where is the option for zero stars?