1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Catholic school suspends 6-year-old for pretending to shoot imaginary bow and arrow at recess

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Catholic school suspends 6-year-old for pretending to shoot imaginary bow and arrow at recess Warning- autoplay video in link

[​IMG]

CINCINNATI – Parents are mad that a Catholic school suspended their 6-year-old son for pretending to shoot an imaginary bow and arrow at recess.

"I don’t see anything wrong with the way he was playing,” said the father, Matthew Miele.

Miele said his son served the second day of his three-day punishment Monday at Our Lady of Lourdes School in Westwood. He wants the school to drop the issue.

"I think we have to lose this. It sounds a little editorial, possibly like they’re using our platform to teach that lesson," Miele said.

Miele said his son was playing outside when a teacher saw what he was doing and brought it to the principal’s attention. That’s when Matthew’s son was called to the principals office.

Miele said the school has a zero tolerance policy toward threatening gestures.

"The punishment is so severe in this it’s hard as a parent to try to make this a teachable moment for our kid so we can move forward in a healthy manner,” Miele said.

He said his son didn't have any malicious intent.

For now, Miele says and his wife plan to keep their son at Our Lady of Lourdes, but they’re debating whether or not they’ll send him there next year.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

That kid should receive a 20 game suspension with no pay.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Those are early signs of a sociopath.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Gotta hear both sides.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Kids playing at recess is growing rampant and should be put to a stop.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Matthews is a thug and now he's bringing that thuggish behavior to our kids on the playgrounds? Won't anyone think of the children?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Depends how he was shooting them. If it was like Hawkeye - all good. If it was like Hunger Games chick I can see catholic butthurt over it. If it was like Joffrey, who wouldn't be mad.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It was like this:

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The punishment is a little bit excessive, but according to research almost every mass shooter in recent American history played with toy guns/weapons as a youth.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

to add to that, they have all been to school at some point in their life

1 person likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have a 6-year old son. I'm trying to imagine how I could explain to him why he got a 3-day suspension for miming a bow and arrow without just throwing the school under the bus.

I had an incident with my oldest getting a reprimand for doing something that was perfectly acceptable in my consideration. The only lesson I could bring her is that sometimes your teacher is going to be a dumbass.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Word is the priest is turned on by violence and his suspension was for his own protection.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Amen. Its idiotic. Why would you pay for your child to go to a school like this, only for them to suspend him over something stupid. Schools are too sensitive nowadays. It's absurd. My brother-in-law is paranoid over every little thing we say around his 4 year old because "what if he says that in school?"

My brother, on the other hand, is on the opposite end of the spectrum, lol. He texted me the other day saying that his four year old son told him that he almost said a bad word. He asked my nephew what word he almost said (because he often thinks normal words are bad word]. My nephew looks at him and says, "I almost said 'These oranges are badass.'"

He told me he was proud he used it in the right context, and could hardly hold a straight face when telling him he couldn't say that.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

zero tolerance is dumb, if that's what really drove this suspension

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Damn man America is going down lol.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This country prefers to do what the rules say not what makes the most sense. It's pretty sweet.

17. Nero

Nero Member

How was he shooting an arrow at recess??

Recess is not a thing, it's just a time period.

Those people be crazy.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'll bet they've all eaten white bread too!

20. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

What's next, arresting mimes for pretending to be trapped in a box?