1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

It looka like a bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 15, 2015.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The school has implied there was more to this story than they were allowed to publicize due to privacy laws. If this goes to trial, perhaps they will get that opportunity.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you really don't think that there are parents out there that would do that? There are parents out there that would send their kid to school like that if they thought it would get them 20 grand.....and they aren't trying to create propaganda and financing for another presidential bid in a foreign country.

It's always great to see young inventors making magic happen.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No because I doubt anyone could predict that a kid would get arrested for bringing a dumb clock to school.

And if a parent actually thought he was bringing something that might look like a bomb and get his kid in trouble with the police, I doubt he would risk his kids life for $20G. I can't believe I have to write that. Goes to show how far people go to make their attack.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Regardless of intent I think the kid is an idiot. I mean you are 15 years old and proud of your technical prowess of unscrewing a desk clock and shoving its internals in a pencil box? I could see a kindergartner be proud of that but a 15 year old?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I particularly don't think much of this kid.

But he is a kid. Is it fair that he got all of the goodies he did for just being a victim? Of course not, but you know what, there's so much nepotism in this world that's even more unjust that this doesn't even bother me that much.

The lesson from all of this is that maybe if cops knew what a bomb looked like and they should, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one was risking their life, it was a calculated publicity stunt, had it not worked at the kid's school his sister's turn was probably next. Anyway, it's adorable that you are really this naive but I hope you grow out of it before there are negative consequences due to people taking advantage of you.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I love how people like you can deny cops doing anything horribly wrong despite all the evidence there is, and yet with ANY evidence you can concoct the idea that this was a planned publicity stunt.

I mean, that's a pretty wild accusation yet you have nothing outside circumstantial.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What in your opinion was done wrong? The kid brought something to school made intentionally to look like a bomb and kept bringing it out time and time again till he finally got the desired effect. The kid wasn't in any way hurt and now his parents get the propaganda and lawsuit that they wanted. It's win/win.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The words in bold are hilarious. You have NO evidence for any of that. It's all your imagination and what you THINK.

And yet you state it as FACT. There is something wrong with you.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be obvious to you if you were less naive, there's really nothing I can say to help you out unfortunately.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The only thing that is obvious is that you have no evidence and are happy to make accusations without it. Good night .

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Family of Muslim teen arrested for homemade clock files suit <a href="https://t.co/CCx2aPJvCO">https://t.co/CCx2aPJvCO</a> <a href="https://t.co/B6wTS8WEsU">pic.twitter.com/B6wTS8WEsU</a></p>&mdash; WFSB Channel 3 (@WFSBnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/WFSBnews/status/762696386299265025">August 8, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Great this little **** is back in the news.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I hope he gets nothing.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

****ing scam artists.

18. TheresTheDagger

Here comes the money grab.

Didn't they leave the USA?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah they live in Qatar now. Probably hoping to live the rest of their lives off of this one scam.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Such scums