1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs vs. Thunder - 2012 Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, May 21, 2012.

?

Who wins the series?

Poll closed May 27, 2012.
  1. Spurs in 4

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Spurs in 5

14 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Spurs in 6

45 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Spurs in 7

26 vote(s)
    14.2%
  5. OKC in 4

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. OKC in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. OKC in 6

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  8. OKC in 7

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you. Leonard has a bright future. As a rookie, he couldn't stop 3 of the top 15 players in the NBA in the WCFs. Can't blame him for that.

2. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

he's better than parsons

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

You gotta be kidding

Kawhi Leonard is barely 20 years old. He has a BRIGHT future, and played about as well, as a rookie could play given the circumstances of no rookie traning camp

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

lol @ jopatmc.

Yep, Leonard is a rookie guarding Kevin FREAKIN' Durant.

Guarding freaks of nature like Dirk / Durant / LeBron is pretty tough for a rookie, from what I hear.

Leonard will be really good, imo. Especially starting his career in SA, and not some place like Charlotte or Washington.

5. VBG

VBG Member

They got pretty much every close call against them in the 4th.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

does the poster AntiSonic still post there?

Member number 9.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

[​IMG]

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

But experience like this in his first year is going to make him so much better, so much faster. The Spurs basically have a legit starter marked down for the next 10 years at the SF position. You don't need to get a star with every lottery pick. Now let's see how they build their team as their stars are getting older.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

3rd year in the last 4 years Duncan and his Spurs have choked away a series where they've had Home Court. 2nd time he's relinquished a 2-0 lead in the playoffs in his career

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Listening to Barkley, I still agree. OKC is too reliant on the jump shot. Even if they win a championship, I still think they shoot too many jumpers.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

KAWHI LEONARD OVERRATED PIECE OF **** GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!! WARMLY WELCOME MARCUS MORRIS!!!!!

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You may be on to something, but WB didn't always express himself so much. As a rookie, he was fairly passive until one game where he realized the opposing PG couldn't stop him, he destroyed the guy and ended up with like 20 FTAs. That game showed me his potential. I posted here that he could be a special player and people blew it off. His 2nd season is where his personality started coming out and he started physical intimidating other PGs. His jumper improved a little bit too but his play was too incoonsistent. WB's last 2 seasons speak for themselves.

IMO, a big turning point was when they dumped Shaun Livingston and got Eric Maynor "for free" from the Jazz. WB has real comp for minutes and he went to another level.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Are you out of your mind? :eek::confused: If they win a championship, that's the goal. Scoreboard is all that matters.

Your precious low-post game is not the be-all end-all. It's 2012.

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I think going to Worlds with coach K helped him considerably. While we don't consistently see the tenacious lockdown defense that he displayed in the tournament, he still pulls it out on occasion.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

But they're so exceptional at it, and drawing fouls..

Nearly unstoppable at times.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I also think off-season training with LeBron last summer for 2 weeks helped both guys. A lot more happened between the two than the 10 minute video they released to the public.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Shooting jumpers got them into the NBA Finals, losing only 3 games in getting there.

Dance with what brought you. Besides, it's not like Ibaka and Perkins are suddenly going to become offensively gifted when the Finals rolls around.

18. Seth

Seth Member

Gotta say, the Thunder may be the better team based on what we´ve seen in the 5th game of these series.
    But this game was one of the worst called games i´ve seen in the last 5 years. The Thunder basically were given easilly 3 or 4 offensive foul calls on their faver that basically killed any chance we had a game to watch. Not to say it´s the first time i´ve seen a 3 pointer erased from the scoreboard for a foul after the release or a Technical Foul for "staring" at the other team´s bench, in that case Garnett would have as many techs as baskets.
    For what i counted i saw 2 phantom calls on Ginobili (one that erased a 3 pointer "?") and one on Duncan on a screen that erased a 2 pointer, that with the tech for the bad look is 6 points in a 6 point game, i should be watching the overtime right now.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Are you serious? Scott Brooks has benched Westbrook before.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's a perimeter's league. The best players remaining are ALL perimeter players. LBJ/KD/Wade/WB/TP/Rondo.

The days if a low post scoring leading a team to a ring is OVER.