1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

30 seconds to fame!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Jul 18, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Anybody see this last night?

If you didn't, it's basically a talent contest where the performers have only 30 seconds to do their bit. There are about 20 or so performers during the show, and after every performer does his/her thing, the studio audience votes for the top three, and these three come back at the end of the show to to their bit a second time for the grand prize of $25,000. If the crowd boos too loudly during a performer's act, they get eliminated immediately. There were three or four people that got bood out last night...

At first, I was a little skeptical, but this turned out to be a VERY entertaining show. The action is very fast paced, with each person coming on immediately after the previous performer. There's also a wide variety of acts, from a stand up comedian (a stand up act in 30 seconds?) to a contortionist, to a guy that rode a unicycle while flipping bowls on his head (trust me, I could not make this up)

My favorite act, though, was this guy that bounced balls on this floor piano to make music. He did an awesome job, but lost in the final to this fat chick that did bad renditions of motown songs.

$25,000 for one minute of work? I need to find a talent...

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I missed it. Is it weekly?

Rocket River

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

what time did it come on? I missed it? 7pm cst?

if it was after 8pm then I missed it, I watched "Door to Door" on TNT, that's a good movie. :)

4. A-Train

7 pm central Wednesdays on FOX. I did miss American Idol last night, though...

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

dumb and dumber.

I watched about 2 minutes of it, then decided that this was the worst show I have ever seen......

God bless Seinfeld re-runs....

6. A-Train

Yeah, it will probably get canned after a month, so I'll enjoy it while I can...

Oh, and Simpsons reruns kick Seinfeld reruns ASS any day! :)

7. drapg

drapg Member

i watched reruns of that show with Damon Wayans... it is surprisingly funny... much more than I can say for Bernie Mac's show (which is surprisingly awful!)

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

TV really sucks these days. Im waiting for a sitcom worth watching unless someone can get me hooked on something that I am missing out on.......

suggestions?

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Bernie Mac was a rerun so I switched to Big Brother 3.

It was interesting enough that I'm going to watch it tonight.

I don't know any names but here is what happened:

This year they have this thing called veto where the winner of a weekly competition can veto one of the weekly nominated houseguests. The fat guy won the veto. He's part of an alliance with the girl who nominated the houseguests. All he has to do is decline to use his veto and he's guaranteed to last as long as the alliance.

One of the nominated guests is black and gay. The fat guy has a brother in law and nephews that are black and friends that are gay. He feels bad that he joined the alliance to gang up on the black gay guy. He gives some speech on homophobia and racism in the house and vetos the black gay guy's nomination. The veto pissed off everyone in the alliance.

Basically he sealed his fate for next week. But with these shows you never know.

10. A-Train

Sitcoms are in a REALLY bad funk right now. It's all about the hour long dramas now...CSI, West Wing, Law and Order, The Agency, ER, etc...

Personally, I have to go back to Spin City to find a sitcom worth watching on a regular basis...

11. outlaw

outlaw Member

Well I hope you mean the reruns cause Spin City got cancelled by ABC.

For those that have HBO, new episode of Sex in the City this Sunday!

Off Centre isn't horrible. If you liked the American Pie movies then you'd probably like it.

12. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

The last sitcom I watched on a weekly basis was Seinfeld...

Now the only thing I watch every week (I can't miss it) is the Mole 2...that stuff is addicting.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member