1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Toyota Camry 2015, Honda Accord 2015, or Nissan Altima 2015?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by houstontexans, Oct 14, 2014.

?

Which would you choose?

1. Toyota Camry 2015

21.8%
  2. Honda Accord 2015

56.3%
  3. Nissan Altima 2015

21.8%
  1. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

car looks great and has a really good warranty

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'd go with the 2015 Accord sport with a manual transmission -- yes, manual.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I have one and I like it a lot. My other car is a 911 C2S. Obviously no comparison when it comes to performance and looks, I think the Kia has a lot to offer. Leather seats, satellite/HD radio, bluetooth streaming, double moonroof, keyless entry, push button start. And like you said, I like the lines on the car too. I think it looks pretty good. I drive the Porsche daily but I drive the Kia a lot for weekends, long distance, and during rain.

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I think I can give you a good review as I had all 3 of those cars.
    Something to keep in mind is your age, your current marital status (married, kids, etc.)

My first car ever was a Camry (Late 90's model) and it was very a smooth drive, very comfortable and good on gas. The look was the only thing that didn't do it for me. Granted the models nowadays are different that back in day. Overall a very reliable car, B+

I then owned a Civic Coupe and liked at lot at the time. I had it "pimped out" and all (watching too many Fast and Furious movies). I had an accident and totaled it. Overall B-, pimping it out A-.

I then moved to a Nissan Altima (4 door). Was an ok car, I had it on my college years and I drove daily to UH from Katy with no major issues. I didn't like about this one is that it was standard transmission, you might like standard at first but trust me after you sit in traffic for 5 years you get fed up and you wish you had an automatic. Solid B.

Last fall I bought a 2014 Honda Accord and loving it so far. I went for the Sports Edition because I like the dual exhaust system and the slightly bigger rims. Solid A-.

In short, go for the Accord Sport.

5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

You can't go wrong with a Camry or Accord. Of the 3 you asked about, I liked the Accord. Still, I nominate the Mazda 6 as my favorite family sedan. My nephew got one, and he let me drive it. Very impressed, and I consider myself an auto enthusiast.

[​IMG]

6. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

In the last 40+ years I have had 4 Toyota's and six Honda's. I also used Big Star Honda for the Toyota's . One thing I learned about Toyota's Was to take them to Lexus dealership to get them serviced they will fix stuff that the Toyota dear-ship doesn't even with a service bulletin.

But I end up always going back to the Honda. The Honda dealer dose not quibble about repairs they just fix it with out bickering.

The Acura dealer Is the same way.

If any of you get an Audi please post what kind of service you get. Thinking a bout an Audi 6.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Honda >>>> Nissan and Toyota.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Not sure if you discussed this with your family but..have you considered moving into the Audi dealership after you buy one?

9. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I agree with some of the others that are suggesting the Mazda 6. It's reliable and a lot of fun for a midsize sedan. I don't have one, but I had one as a rental car and I really enjoyed it.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I have a Nissan Maxima right now.

I enjoy the Nissan vehicle. Drives smooth and hasn't given me any problems in the last two years. I would recommend.

If I weren't such a truck guy I would keep it, but I am going to be getting back to my roots with the Toyota tundra.

You can't go wrong with Nissan/Toyota vehicles. They have never given me any problems.

11. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Mazda 6 is a great car and would recommend driving it before deciding on the Camry or Accord.

12. hvic

hvic Member

I have a 2013 honda accord and I love my car but I think my friends Camry is a little better

13. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

I don't know about Kia Optima 2015 or Mazda 6. I feel like those car brands will have problems than Toyota, Nissan, or Honda. Is it true?

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I have a 2013 Kia Optima, a little over 2 years old. Haven't had any issues with it but don't know beyond that. They changed up a bunch of stuff in 2011 I think and started getting really good reviews on Consumer Reports, etc, ever since.

15. updawg

updawg Member

Look at Maxima's, you can get them cheap since they are switching styling

The Mazda 6 is nice. Great mileage

Accord sport

Camry is just ugly

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the accord looks better. It looks like the 1998-2002 accords which I thought were well designed.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I had a 626 in my teens and early twenties. Good handling. Lots of room with very few blind spots. It was a b**** to replace the alternator.

18. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Honda Accord Sedan or Coupe or Sport? Which is better?

19. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

How old are you and are you single? We have a Camry and it is about as boring and plain as you can get despite us buying a higher-end trim. If you are married, the Camry will be fine but if you are single, get something else.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This. I suggested the Mazda 6 on page 1 of this thread.

I got me a new 2014 Mazda 6 in March 2014 and I have no complaints. Smooth car, looks good and good mileage.