1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] PROMETHEUS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Nov 26, 2011.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can somebody explain the difference in story between the avengers and transformers? Why was one highly ranked and the other wasnt.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ridley basically said the original aliens are all played out and he won't go there again. That's not at all what I was expecting when he started this trilogy....especially with the way "Prometheus" ended. I have to say I thought there was much more potential to the evolution of the original aliens storyline that has been missed out on. Instead, we're left with the engineers and this "where did humans come from and why are the engineers trying to destroy them?" storyline. That's only mildly interesting to me. I thought this whole thing was based around the aliens and now were completely off of that it seems. I guess part (or a lot) of it has to do with H.R. Giger no longer being around and the alien concepts were all his work. But, I guess whatever this sci-fi trilogy will be...it is better than no trilogy at all. It's still not nearly as bad as a lot of one-off sci-fi films (take your pick) that have come out over the years.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Avengers is highly overrated. The only difference was "omfg iron man and hulk are smashing nyc together!".

Characters were better tho.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Way better than the last Riddick film.

5. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Dude i just watched the last Riddick film and thought it was pretty damn good. Better than Chronicles and closer to Pitch Black. Looking forward to the next one.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I enjoyed Prometheus and am looking forward to the 2nd one. But am disappointed to hear there won't be elements of the xenomorph. Those ties & mystery are a big part of the attraction. I think it is a mistake to not include elements of that.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You want to talk overrated. Captain Murica. I rented the winter soldier, I went back to sleep the next 15 minutes.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People on here actually wanted to find out who created us.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That movie was awful.

Only actor worth a damn was the guy who played Falcon.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn't like the scorpion mutants.

Chronicles of Riddick had that dude who was super fast. Less generic foe.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I read that the during Prometheus, at the beginning, that was an oval spaceship and on the planet it was that ring shaped spaceship.

So the oval ship may have the masters or creators of the engineers.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I am sorry I do not remember everything about the movie. I just remember hating it.

Maybe plot hole was not the correct term (maybe it was I just do not remember), but I know I hated the character development (since there was none) and I hated the stupidity of the characters.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Winter soldier was epic on the big screen. wat.