1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we get Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by streetking713, Jul 27, 2014.

?

Should we get Michael beasley

Poll closed Aug 11, 2014.
  1. Hell yah!!

84 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. No .. He is no help

159 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Well, he DID go to rehab here. SO maybe we can get him into Royce White's center for the spineless or whatever it's called?

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

LoL! I had no idea there would be this many M. B. apologists. Look guys, even if all the detractors are wrong (which they aren't), you're still stuck with the problem that you guys want to roll the dice on a minimum contract for a "high-upside bench player" who may shock the world.

The issue is, like with Royce White and others mentioned in this thread, in his mind, M. B. is a STARTER. He wants to be a star, not a bench player. However, even you guys have to admit, he doesn't produce enough to start. He'll never be motivated to play hard until he starts, and he'll never start until he plays hard. It's a classic catch 22 that results in him NEVER developing.

On a personal note, streetking, you owe me some public school tax money, son.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd rather have Marion on a one (or maybe two) year deal... I'd rather worry about what Marion has left in the tank - as opposed to whether or not Beasley is tanked...

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would rather have Bledsoe/Dragic and Marion too but I have changed my mind about Beasley. The kid is odd and he has let ganja derail his career but he is still a freak athlete with some some serious skills on offense. If he can accept a role as instant offense off the bench, then I am all for bringing him and someone like Chauncey Billups as a fallback and more realistic plan for building quality depth especially as both have not just playoff success but finals experience.

5. imaginedragons

getting him would really propel the Rockets to even loftier "most hated team" status. bad character does not win titles even with all the talent

6. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

I wouldn't know but what's the weed situation like in HOU? It prolly will play a big role in the Rockets landing him.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Didn't the DYNAMO already sign DaMichael Beasley?!?!? :confused:

;)

8. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

My coworkers are trying to figure out why I'm crying while laughing in my cubicle

9. Fantasma Negro

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...-beasley-working-out-for-spurs-163327953.html

Free agent Michael Beasley to work out for San Antonio Spurs
    Hmmm....

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

11. chandlerbang21

rockets have 16 guys with guaranteed contracts on the roster. So far they cant add Beasley but would be nice to have him at backup PF. he can score in halfcourt from mid and 3pt line. His inconsistency is his downfall.

12. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

would rather have beasley and blatche instead of ish smith and dorsey

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'd rather ANYBODY instead of Dorsey

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

How about no to all four!