1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwayne Wade : Not Human

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheMacster, Nov 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

2. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MW3dD9CbaxI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MW3dD9CbaxI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

4. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

thats one of the more legit plays I've seen, compare to Lebron and Kobe's 5 step dunks.

5. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

Remember now NBA changed rules for "Crab Dribbler" LeBron James.

6. ashiin

ashiin Member

1 on 5, brilliant.

7. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

3 or 4 steps for sure. Didn't bother to try and slow it down but it was an obvious travel.

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It didn't look like a travel to me. You have to look at the point where he actually regains control of the ball after the behind the back dribble. You don't count the step or two he took before he regained control. There is no rule saying you must take one step per dribble.

As far as I can tell, the play was incredible and looked completely legit.

9. FranchiseReDeux

concurred

10. crzyxballer03

crzyxballer03 Member

absolutely not a travel, just a brilliant play

11. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

If you look at the slow mo replay, that's definitely not a travel. After he split the defenders, he took one more step BEFORE grabbing the ball, then 2 steps to the basket.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I expected something better. At least his dunk against Charlotte was better.

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Seriously?

He made all 5 Bulls look like traffic cones on that play.

First, he splits two of them with a change of direction, behind the back dribble.

Then, he maneuvers through the air between the other three, finishing with a windmill layup with his off hand.

How much better does it get? That was poetry in motion. As the OP suggested, Dwayne Wade is not human.

14. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

I don't understand. You're telling me that you can take 5 steps per dribble if you wanted to?

it looks like wade bounces the ball while the ball is on it's way back up he takes two steps then after he catches the ball he takes another two steps.

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I think if the ball doesn't go over you're head and your palm doesn't get under the ball, you can pretty much take as many steps as you want. Look at players dribbling on a fast break. They do about 3 or 4 or so long dribbles as they run along the court. Latrell Sprewell is a good example to watch.

16. SunsRocketsfan

yup i thought it was a travel at first.. but looks like you are right.. he takes one big step after the behind the back and then regains control for only two more steps..
    AMAZING PLAY>. :eek:

17. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I didn't see a travel. And if it was a travel, then all of Lebron's drives to the basket should be a travel.

18. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Come on Tim Grover, let's see you bring Tmac back into that state of fitness!

19. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

WORD. And that was NOT a travel. He only took 2 steps after he picked up his dribble.

20. tested911

tested911 Member

Thank God he's going to be in a Rockets Uni this upcoming off-season... :cool: