1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to temper expectations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Nov 13, 2015.

Tags:
?

Time to temper expectations?

1. R-E-L-A-X. Rockets will get it together. #2 seed. Swag Champions.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Let's just make the playoffs then BLOW IT UP! Boogie 2016!

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. It's early. Sample size too small. I'll get back to you.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was angry when Rockets were losing games to inferior* competition. Now maybe the Rockets are the inferior team in these games. Anger and frustration has given way to acceptance. The Rockets aren't good.

Ty Lawson doesn't look like he knows how to play basketball anymore. Brewer is hiding his new money is his socks and it's weighing him down. TJ will only play hard if a rookie is starting in front of him. Dwight is 30 yrs old and still throws tantrums. Marcus Thornton has the weirdest male balding pattern I have ever seen.

Lets just hope the Rockets make the playoffs; maybe a 5-6 seed.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

As long as McHale is coach of a team, that team will never win anything.

You give him 5 all stars and he will still mess them up

He is that clueless.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Until there is a coaching change, yeah...no doubt. It's pretty amazing how bad they currently are, but it is what it is. I've accepted it at this point.

I'm like you, and probably many others. Hoping for just a playoff team with some nice potential if healthy.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Ty Lawson is the most puzzling thing about this season. He is playing like a rookie. He seems afraid and has no confidence at all. He avoids the ball.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

My expectations are pretty low right now. The Rockets, for all their depth, still play a pretty short rotation. They play small ball even though nobody is shooting well while their defense and rebounding remains crap. While McHale's in-game adjustments make no sense, the players have stretches where they go inexplicably brain dead at the end of quarters.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Ummm.....This is like saying Harden will never be MVP runner-up. It already happened. We won a lot last year. Maybe you could replace "anything" with a "championship", but there are plenty of good coaches who haven't won a championship. McHale's past success is what keeps him in his position.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Numbness has overtaken me! I'm too vested in a team that plays with NO HEART!!! :(

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was there with you except replace "numbness" with "Blinding Rage". I would have taken a small break from Clutchfans after another humiliating loss. It's fine now. I get it. Rocket just aren't that good.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

home court advantage is everything in the west playoffs. being the 5th seed or lower is basically a first round exit. we are approaching the point in the season that we are too far back to realistically compete for a top 4 spot. and before people say its too small of a sample size, its not about sample size, its the fact that every game means something when last year we only made the second seed off of a second or third tie breaker. its that close! every game means the difference between 2nd and 6th!

i give them until the 20 game mark, that's a quarter of the season, enough of a sample size to surmise what this team is going to be. at that point i would decide, playoffs or lotto? if lotto, jones/bev/brew can all be traded to playoff teams for a picks and cap space.

10. roidrage

roidrage Member

what dumb Poll

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I don't think so but this is very unacceptable

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if you think this is bad, wait till 20 games later.