1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Sense8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Finished all 12 episodes. The show gets better with each episode. The first 3 episodes (especially the first) are slow and confusing by design, although there are great moments in the 2nd half of the 2nd and 3rd). Answers start to come in #4. The interaction between the 8 is great as the season goes on. I hope there is a season 2.

2. B

B Contributing Member

I'm on episode 8, and I'm starting to enjoy the series. I'm really glad everyone in here helped lowered expectations. I am a huge fan of JMS / Babylon 5, and this series made me think it could have been a back story for how telepaths came to be in the Babylon 5 universe. Some parts of it are really tough to watch, and they are definitely taking advantage of being on Netflix versus being on Sci-Fi or AMC.

3. body slam

body slam Member

really could have done with out revisiting their births

1 person likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Don't really enjoy all the sex scenes. Especially that one scene, in episode...6? 7? Just completely random and unnecessary, imo.

It seems like these scenes are more "we're including them because we can, so HA!" vs "we actually need these scenes for the plot."

The cinematography is great though, for when the sensates "visit" each other, like the Riley-Sun jail/sunshine scene. That was great.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That sex scene was to show how all their emotions/feeling were awakening to one another. You probably didn't enjoy it because who it mainly involved....lol. I actually thought it was well done, choreography & cinematography-wise.

6. body slam

body slam Member

The sex scenes in episode 6? Wait till episode 10. The show is not bad but I think it would be better if they left somethings to the imagination.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IMAGINATION IS UNAMERICAN!

Rocket River

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Uhh what does this mean? I don't have a problem with the gay and lesbian scenes. But:

the overly gratuitous orgy was just a little too much

Most of them had already 'connected' to each other, so they didn't exactly need to experience each other. And if they really wanted to make it powerful, they would have included all the Sensates. iirc Riley, Cepheaus, Kala and Sun weren't present.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Watched the first two episodes of this last night. So far, the show is awesome, even if it's a little too sexually graphic for my tastes.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just finished Season 1. This is the most poignant and ambitious TV show I've ever seen. My only (small) complaints are the gratuitous sex, which, I understand is gratuitous for a reason to convey the intimacy of the sensates, and the lesbian duo, who I think is a tad over-acted.

Still, highly recommended for mature viewers.

Renewed for Season 2, should air in June 2016.

11. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Anyone watch the christmas special? I just rewatched the series prior to this and was hoping for the greatness to be replicated but it fell flat to me. It fell flat and seemed forced with the feels compared to the original season, hope season 2 doesn't feel like this special. It's a shame that the original Capheus couldn't get along with Lana Wachowski, I loved his spirit and wide-eyed innocence. I was ready to accept Van Damm as my spirt animal after his unabashed enthusiasm and hero worship for the muscles from Brussels.

12. conquistador#11

i knew it was more than the hair cut why capheus looked different! it threw me off.
    The christmas special just felt like one long nc17 version james bond title intro sequence. It didn't feel like an episode or anything.

wouldabeen23 likes this.