1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This never works for me.what am I doing wrong? I tried copy and pasting the link in VLC and I get an error message.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I tried yesterday, but looks like they got shut down.

Will try again later today.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i tried their one day free trial last night

i have no idea where they get their feeds - but they have the in-arena feeds that show whats on the jumbo trons and all so instead of commercials you see the stuff fans see at the arena. That part was cool the quality was great - the only draw back is unlike BallStreams you can only watch via a browser. Ballstreams had an android app, a roku app, a plex channel.

the other downside is that they do not archive games for longer than a week. Ballstreams and LP do have an archive of the entire season.

Ballstreams would also air Inside the NBA which was nice, i dont have cable so I would watch Inside on ballstreams

Apparently though they are trying to stream NBATV in the future so that would be plus.

Overall I thought they were stream quality wise just as good if not better than Ballstreams - question is do I want to pay another 50 bucks on top of what I already paid for ballstreams? probably - I'll have to hook up my laptop to my tv now though which is going to be a pain vs having the roku app but thats fine.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

RIP Ballstreams. You were a life saver when I needed you.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I guess just Kodi then?

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

From my understanding, International League Pass (through a VPN) is the only way to get this feature. If you go with the Premium tier, you also get Home and Away feeds (except nationally televised games), playoffs, ASW, Summer League and a live stream of NBA TV.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

let me know if any of y'all have success getting a refund from paypal and the steps that you took to request one.

8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Lots of users are reporting success at getting full or partial refunds through PayPal

https://www.reddit.com/r/BallStreams/comments/44ec17/ballstreams_seems_to_be_dead_with_the_site_not/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BallStreams/comments/453dng/you_can_get_a_partial_refund_if_you_paid_via/

I contacted my credit card's bank today to file a dispute. They let me know this should be a pretty easy case for me to win since the website is "out of business" and that in situations like this, the merchant will not even attempt to fight it. The bank has already issued me a temporary credit for the full $90 I paid in September. They didn't even ask for documentation of when the subscription expires, or even what it was for. I just told them it was an "international video streaming service" and that their website had been down for about 5 business days with no updates or notices to their customers. I also told them that there was no way to contact them via phone, email, chat, social media, etc.

Good luck to you and other BallStreams users!

9. Mr. Dominant

Works flawlessly again. I just watch from the website.

10. tested911

tested911 Member

Guys ever since I found NBA reddit streams it's been golden.

Seriously HD quality streaming and several sources.

Just google

NBA reddit Stream> click on the 1st link will take you to a subreddit of all NBA current games.

It doesn't have DVR but it's free.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

National TV games are gonna be iffy for that website because the guy that runs it is getting his feeds from International League Pass.

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Most probably don't know, but I had Ballstreams set up to renew monthly via PayPal. Since the site is now defunct, I'm assuming they won't be charging through automatic renewal?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Got a full refund from PayPal for Ballstreams.

I've been using hehestreams lately and it's worked well, but I am doubtful that the site will continue to run smoothly as it becomes more popular.

14. dragician

dragician Member

How and where did you request for a refund?

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Just ask for a refund via Paypal, assuming that's how you paid. I asked for a 50% refund (since it lasted half the season) and I got the refund applied to my paypal account straight away.

1 person likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I found a great deal for international LP in Canada right after the AS game. $35CND for the rest of the season and playoffs. I have to use my VPN to spoof a Toronto IP address but still that's $28

17. Mr. Dominant

Details? I want to do it.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Guys hehestreams is LEGIT. works on ps4 and quality is true hd, 2x better than what I was getting on ballstreams mobile. I can't believe this is free. I will donate soon.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Be sure to sign up for an account on hehestreams guys.

Guy who made it is anticipating a lot of domain hopping soon.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This is great thanks!