1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. malakas

malakas Member

European refs are bought too. I have more faith in NBA monitoring the corruption of refs than the local leagues. At least in the NBA there is no mafia involved, or drug lords and shady criminals owning teams.
    And I dont think that the level of refering in the NBA is great and I don't think there is no level of at least some bias in their calls, but there is no comparison.

And you can laugh all you want at the NBA I do not. I have stopped watching Euroleague and greek league because of the level of disgust by the hooligans, criminals and scum. If you enjoy that keep watching by all means.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they are both likely corrupt, the difference of course is that no one is shocked when things are corrupt in Europe or wherever, people are shocked when there is corruption in the league that matters or leagues in the US.....of course they still get away with it.

The NBA has been a joke ever since it became obvious that they would use refs to rig games. Honestly, that's why I'll never be 100% invested in anything NBA related they allow incompetence and outright corruption with their refs and we know that there was even a time they encouraged it. They have a LOT of work to do in order to shed that stigma.

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Euro referees are equally awful.

Let's not forget soccer/football referees in Europe, perhaps some of the worst in any sport in the entire world.

It's laughable to say that NBA referees, for all their warts, are some of the worst in the world. Basketball is a hard sport to referee well, but they maintain a level of consistency far higher than soccer/football.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is DMo playing tonight?

DD

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's not supposed to be playing till after the All Star break. KJ might be available though. I don't think they want his first game back in the NBA to be a back to back.

6. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

My read of that chart (thanks for providing) is that those numbers translate to 12.8 pts / 10.7 rebounds per 36 min. For a player in his second year who didn't play in the nba the first year and only started getting time later in the second year? Those are rookie of the year numbers (rookie of the year candidates often get 30+ minutes) and in any event they're very good for a second year player (and he was really a first year player).

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude I watch those games and like I said he ended up being bench because of him missing his defensive assignment. That's a freaking fact whether you like it or not.

Blaming the Coach is weak and is cop out. At that time Dmo lost those minutes like he did in his rookie year. That's on Dmo period. Last season he stepped his game up and made sure Mchale gave him his minutes.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So he was benched due to missing defensive assignments and replaced by someone even worse when it comes to defensive assignments. Solid.

It's okay to admit that the coach screwed up.....even if you agreed with it at the time. Playing Jones over DMo against the Blazers in the playoffs was and is indefensible, so stop trying to defend it.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Spin it however you like, the fact of the matter is Dmo got buried at the end of the bench because he wasn't ready. Larva posted his offensive stats already so that means wasn't ready offensively either.

And let me tell you what's hilarious to me. An ordinary fan such as yourself on a sports blog talking about a Coach who has been in this league longer than you were on this earth, incompetent. We're talking about a person that is a Hall of Famer and is respected all across the NBA universe.
    And since you think you could have done a better job, how about applying for that open vacancy and show us all what you are made of.

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Bro We got Corey Brewer. No need for another PF who would just take minutes from corey

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where did you see the info on after the All star break?

Also if you look at that chart, EVERY game he got extended minutes he produced - seems he takes a bit of time to warm up.

DD

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Calvin Watkins sent out a tweet he would not play tonight yesterday. Then again, I don't real trust anyone named Watkins.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hopefully he is available tonight. Corey Brewer does not belong in our starting lineup. This mix and match starting 5 is starting to annoy the hell out of me. I don't want Capela starting, we need balance to our center position for the full 48, but Corey Brewer is way too small, even if we shift Trevor to the 4, we are undersized and getting killed on the boards.

Dmo should be our starting PF. He moves the ball, he can shoot the ball, he can play good position defense, he can post up. He does everything we need our of our starting power foward . T Jones should be the energy guy off the bench, who gets opportunities to rebound and run. He can't do that with Harden in the game.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not spin, it's just the facts, Terrence Jones is and always has been abysmal defensively.

As to calling McHale incompetent, well, he was. He made a really stupid decision and it hurt the team. All the experience in the world won't change that. What's really funny is that you are only defending the move because you agreed with it at the time. Sorry, you were both completely wrong.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No Donatas Motiejunas and KJ McDaniels in Oakland tonight. Motiejunas will miss Portland game and McDaniels might be available.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/697212102306430976">February 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">McDaniels could join the Rockets in Portland tomorrow. Motiejunas done until after the All Star break.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/697212052096462848">February 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Facts or bs? I choose bs. When you come up with garbage like this, you need proof.

16. basketballholic

McHale wanted Casspi.

Call that bs too. :cool:

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hey Casspi has turned himslef into nice player.

He's having a career year

Mchale had an eye for talent

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

McHale also stopped playing Casspi after a month or two he season we had him.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. He played until the playoffs. Not sure what minutes he lost...until the playoffs when McHale wanted to shorten his rotation, which of course didn't end up working out. That's the only "fact." You're just spouting subjective nonsense. Find a quote saying that he didn't play in the playoffs because of missing defensive assignments. :rolleyes:

I suggest you never take a job analyzing anything. Don't bother replying. Not a fan of discussing something with someone so staunch in their opinions that they'd wrongly refer to them as "facts."

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Did I give specific dates. So please learn to read. And someone posted his damn stats.

You Super Fans are so freaking ridiculous. Have you ever played sports before? If so you would know when a player is benched.