1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Harden the 'Problem?' If not, what is???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 5, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

is it? how does a player make plays when he relegated into a spot up shooter while ball watching someone who is so ball dominant. Not to mention has failed to adjust his game to integrate a player he wanted here.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's so hilarious that this message board rags on Parsons and Lin so much yet those two would help tremendously with the rotation.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well Parsons would Lin would just add to the Harden Turnover frenzy.

DD

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The number of times he actually demands the ball is totally over blown around here. You have people claiming he always walks the ball up the court then holds it forever and aelliot already taught those people a lesson with actual statistical proof.

When I watch Lawson play this year I don't see Harden being the reason he had struggled. He has looked tentative, unsure what to do and when that happens there isn't much else to do but let Harden have it. Actually I think that a lot of the time Harden ends up with the ball, we have very few guys who can dribble and create for themselves or someone else. It's really just Harden, Lawson and occasionally Terry or Bev. When the play breaks down the other guys know that giving to James is probably the best bet at that point.

I just don't see Harden as a ball hog. You want a guy with his talent to have the ball a majority of the time. The guy is a very willing passer and has done so a lot this year. If you asked any random bball fan who leads the league in field goal attempts per minute played I bet Harden would be a pretty popular choice, when in reality almost every other top 10 scorer shoots more on a per minute basis than him.

And like it has been pointed out before and is something I agree with is those late game Harden isolations have to be the coaches game plan. There just is no other way around it and last year it worked splendidly. Harden was one of if not the clutchest players to close out games. This year it's been mostly bad and I think in reality he's more of a guy in the middle of what we saw last year and what we have seen this year when it comes to clutch time scoring.

To be honest I still think that it's too early to say that they won't figure out a way to work Lawson in and get this going. We have seen a few glimpses of what we can be when we get it going. Integrating a new play maker doesn't happen automatically, especially with some injuries, suspensions and just flat out bad play from EVERYONE.