1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's get rid of Harden? Really?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

Be real guys, the lets get rid of Harden agenda is absurd to say the least, he has been a great player for us every year since he came here, EVERY SINGLE YEAR! Even own his own without a second Star and/or without extremely talented role players to assist him. I mean how quickly you people forget, 2008-2009 was the last season we made the playoffs prior to Harden's arrival, then what? 2009-2010 we were 9th, 2010-2011 we were 9th again, 2011-2012 again 9th!!! Then on 2012-2013 Harden arrives and what happens? we made the playoffs again (8th), the next year now with the addition of Howard we did it again (4th), and then last season once again we made it (2nd) and keep in mind that our second star was injured 50% of the season and we still made it SECOND place over loaded teams like the Spurs and the Clippers!!.

This is the first season since Harden arrived that he is not reaching the level of play we expect from him and unsurprisingly the result as expected is that we are currently out of the playoffs!! So you people want to give up on the one guy that takes us to the playoffs year after year the very first season he shows problems?? ****ing absurd!!

Now IMO the problems and solutions of our team DO start and end with him, he is definitely underachieving no question about that, and for me it’s all a matter of motivation. He got seriously paid last summer with the ADIDAS deal, and he got seriously distracted with his new found "hollywoodesque" stardom with the Kardashian BS, and he probably became too confident with last year's results. Think about it, he made us division champs and 2nd seed in the loaded west carrying the team on his back with only half a season of Howard, and then the team made it to the WCF, AS A TEAM!! Then what happened last summer?

- The core of the team remained intact

- Howard, our second superstar was now supposed to be 100% ready

- We acquired a supposedly borderline superstar in Lawson

On paper, we believed this was it, our championship team was ready! You know what? Harden and the rest of these immature idiots thought so too!!!!! And they became Too confident, ALL OF THEM!!! Harden probably thought, "my entire WCF team is back, Howard is back, and now I have Lawson to help, this year i dont have to kill myself every game, i have a great team to play with, i can relax a bit" and the rest of the guys probably thought something along the lines of "we are all here, Howard is back, Lawson is here and we have the true MVP Harden, we are set". The result was that everybody was too confident and we came unprepared, as simple as that, and one thing lead to the other and we got tangled in this spiral of mediocrity from which I don’t think we will get out off this season.

But for **** sake getting rid of Harden is not a solution, i wouldn't get rid of Howard either, the latter only makes sense because of Howard's contractual situation, but if i could i would keep them both, no question about that and would try to keep building around them. But if Howard needs to go, then so be it, but Morey then needs to try to get someone with character that can inspire and call out his teammates when they are not doing their best, even Harden, specially Harden!

You know when we are really going to see what Harden is made of? Next season! This season has got to be a learning experience for him, If he doesn’t learn from this fiasco and by this time of year next season he is equally as lazy, unprepared and overly confident as he has been this year, then he will have shown beyond any doubt that he has no fire in him and by all means yes, I would be on board about getting rid of him. I like the guy, and I think he IS that good, but he is a human being like all of us and will make many mistakes in his life he has to come back next season with a vengeance, he needs to prove me right!! I leave you with a few quotes to think about that for me are key right now to be hopeful:

“Failure is good as long as it doesn’t become a habit”

“Failures are a part of life. If you don’t fail, you don’t learn. If you don’t learn, you will never change”

“Failure is not the opposite of success, it’s a part of success”

“You learn more from Failures than you do from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character”

GO ROCKETS!!!

4 people like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Getting rid? Who has said it?

Getting rid is not the same as keep your mind open and if the right opportunity arises see what your options are.
    So if someone offers you KAT you would say no? Or AD?
    Because I dont' want to get rid of Harden and I would take those deals in 1 second.

3. Ranny

Ranny Member

You know what i mean dear malakas. People here are panicking. if we could get a KD or a Curry for Harden today then yes by all means let do it. That is not going to happen and yet you read all sort of nonsense here about getting rid of Harden

4. FeaR

FeaR Member

No one offers you these players. Your comment is completely irrelevant.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm not for getting rid of Harden. But, Harden started off the season really bad. Let's sum up his summer:

1.) Makin' sweet love to Khloe over and over all summer.
    2.) Hurt his ankle and came in overweight not ready to play.

As for what the rest of the team's excuse is, I have no idea.

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Harden is a cancer to the game of basketball. if he cant change and be coached next season he will be traded

7. malakas

malakas Member

and how do you know this? Wiggins was traded for Love. A young superstar like Harden you don't know what the offers will be. Teams dont' always act patiently or make wise decisions.
    Perhaps not KAT or AD but there are some other players who if offered I would take them over Harden, taking into consideration their contracts.
    Btw the owner of NO has alzheimer and his GM has been running amok wastin assets left and right. And now Dumars is about to replace him. Do you know the kind of trades Dumars has done?:grin:

8. Ranny

Ranny Member

Yes he has been found wanting, no doubt about it, his character is in question. My thesis is that next season He has to prove he IS the superstar he is supposed to be by learning from this **** up.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

trade Harden to the 76ers, that'll show him!

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nobody seems to want to play with him. So unless you can get a coach that can rein him in or a player that is better than him to make him buy in then we're kind of stuck until Harden matures.

11. Ranny

Ranny Member

As I said, if by this time next season we see more of this BS, then yes lets trade the guy.

But no matter how much you dislike him, and you are one of those that are continuously and perennially negative about him, you cannot deny that for better or worse his previous seasons here were great. This one is the first legitimate season when he has completely ****ed it up. Its up to him to prove he is either great or not.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

How is he a cancer?hes been part of winning teams every year in the NBA. No team of his has ever not had a winning season or not made the playoffs.

Cancer is a strong statement.

Pls back it up with facts

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

How do u know this.

Marcus thronton just last week said he loves playing with harden.

Delfino said he was the best player he ever played with.

Parsons got 15m a yr playing with harden and said just this offseason that playing with James is easy because he's a true mvp player.

14. Ranny

Ranny Member

I presume CometsWin is talking about fellow superstars not wanting to play with him. Is a recurring gossip around here which i dont think has any real basis to back it up, its just more of the "Harden Sucks" agenda

15. Ranny

Ranny Member

As I write this there are two threads about getting rid of Harden active to prove my point. One asking if we want him traded, and another one asking if we should trade him for Butler.....

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

then maybe you should have replied in those threads :p

17. houtown

houtown Member

ESPN and the media seem to want Harden traded to a bigger market, maybe like Los Angeles, and are possibly capitalizing on an opening with the potential drama in Houston.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The idea that Harden is a selfish ISO star is widely acknowledged. Apparently Harden has more ISO's this year than Klay Thompson and Curry combined.

Marcus Thornton is a journeyman chucker.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

LOL, the media trashes on Harden's game(the over-reliance on fouls). No way they want his style of play in one of their darling markets.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What good is "not getting rid of Harden" doing for this team?