1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

State Department misled on Hillary Clinton emails, investigation concludes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 7, 2016.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The State Department's Inspector General (IG) issued a blistering report today, effectively confirming the corruption and the obstruction of records requests that have widely been suspected all along. Of course we have witnessed similar behavior at the IRS, which is part of the Treasury Department.

So what is it that ties these various departments together, linking their behavior in a culturally similar way? Of course that is the Presidency of Barack H. Obama, the most corrupt president any of us have seen during our lifetimes, hands down, case closed.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Remember when Obama talked about transparency...

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hope y'all have something new by October yo.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is new yo. The investigative report was released today. Try to keep up.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree this is a case of corruption, and a corruption that is probably endemic to the entire executive branch. But, I think it's a stretch to try to hang it on Obama. I'm sure he plays the game, but it predates him. The Executive is always going to fight transparency and try to maximize their control over what information is public. Officials in the Bush presidency also used private email so they could avoid disclosure requirements. It's the cynical but logical thing for them to do.

It's incumbent on the Inspector General, on Congress, on the judiciary, and on our civic organizations to keep their feet to the fire and enforce our rules on transparency (preferably in a non-partisan way). I'm glad to see the report. I'm glad we have organizations like the Associated Press that will sue the government to get the documents they're required to disclose. (Not so happy about organizations that will disclose stolen documents that are not required to be disclosed, like Wikileaks.)

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't really care for Hillary, more of a Sanders guy.

I would love to find a reason to hate Hillary, but this does nothing for me.

Maybe it is because I have spent alot of time in audit, and know how the document request process works, and how everyone always responds to document requests.

Just completely uninteresting.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This story is not about Hillary Clinton. It is about the corruption that is endemic in the Obama regime. In this case in the State Department, where John Kerry currently presides.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the same people that b****ed about the patriot act, nsa, etc..., and rightfully so I might add, are now "oh well" with hilary and obama? now it's okay to fight transparency after you campaigned on it and it's okay to lie, TPP, illegal private emails, etc?!?!!? You politicos are weak sauce by not holding ALL accountable. It just makes you guys look like big jokes and have untrustworthy opinions.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Making mountains out of mole hills. Hopefully this is the end of the comittee circus.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I demand that the House hold some hearings and drag Hillary up on the Hill to answer for her crimes.

Trey Gowdy, get to work, boy!

It worked so well the first time.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

That's just outrageous! So mad.

13. Anticope

Anticope Member

How is the exact same thing not true of those on the Republican side? The Bush administration lost millions of emails that were required to be turned over to Congress, yet, I guarantee you MojoMan wasn't chirping over and over about that scandal. It's one thing to hold everyone accountable, it's something else entirely to only go after individuals on one side of the political spectrum for purely political purposes, like an upcoming election.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You do realize that is an Inspector General's report, right? IG's are employees of the Department they are responsible for investigating, which make them part of the executive branch.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree with you. Assange was a hero to some for exposing state secrets and now skirting democratically-determined levels of government transparency elicits a big yawn?

I understand the criticism that the motivation for all this inquiry is an attempt to derail Clinton's candidacy. It's naked blunt political opportunism. I get that. But, I also see that we made transparency laws to deter corruption and enforce accountability. And that the first thing the executive branch must do to engage in real corruption and abuse of power is to shield itself from transparency and accountability. I don't care about holding Clinton accountable. She was just playing the game like everyone else. I care about holding the Executive accountable. If Clinton sinks in the process, so be it. If Obama sinks, so be it. I think honest governance is far more important than any candidate or president. I'd choose Cruz and an effective system to audit the president than, say, Sanders and the current system of false transparency.

16. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The exact thing is true. We are a country divided and the politicians love it. If we actually got together and strung these guys up for this crap then they have a problem.

Not sure what to do about it but arguing with each other isn't working.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Blunt political opportunism by who? This is an internal executive branch investigation by the State Department Inspector General. This person technically works for Barack Obama. Do these people you are referring to believe that the Obama regime is trying to derail Hillary Clinton's candidacy here?

And we need to keep in mind that this is an investigation of the state department mostly after Hillary left. There is another investigation by the FBI about Hillary Clinton's mishandling of national security secrets. This investigation has nothing to do with that.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one cares that Obama and Hillary are corrupt, it's one of those "everyone knows, nobody cares" kind of things.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

We'll see about that.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We will. Unless there is some kind of indictment handed down, this will be shrugged off by their supporters as just another "vast right wing conspiracy" and everyone else already knew that they were corrupt so it's not new information.

As to Obama, he could shoot an infant in the face on the white house lawn and his supporters would defend the action. I think you are just expecting too much of people.