1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The liberal racism faced by ex-Muslims

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Dec 28, 2015.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsit...racism-faced-by-ex-muslims/17702#.VoGH3PkrLIV

1 person likes this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Based on my rep comments there seems to some butt hurt liberals on this board who believe racism from the left doesn't exist. Get your heads out of the sand. Discrimination from the left is alive and I've been a victim of it.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah not really. You've maybe faced significant racism from some centrists whom you somehow still believe are the "left" just because they are on the left of the right. The democrats are certainly not leftists although there are a few leftists in their party.

Racism of course does exist in the left as well, but that doesn't mean it's not monumentally less than in the centrist and right parties. It's also important to note that if you were a classist rather than a racist, you would still look like a racist because the upper class is resoundingly homogenous and not diverse. If you, for example, hated rich people and 90% of rich people were caucasian then it would be easy to accuse you of racism even though the race is in this case is the symptom rather than the subject.

Where you will find racism is in the extreme left but that's why they're called extreme and you probably couldn't name a single extreme left group because of how small and inconsequential they are.

The most important of all though is that even if racism existed wherever you believed it existed, and even if those people called you racist day and night, you still have to stop racism. This is not one of those situations where other people doing it makes it ok for someone to do the same. It's not more acceptable. It's not more understandable. It's a waste of time to look for racists in other groups when you could be spending time finding out who is racist in your own circle and working on helping them from the fear and paranoia which will physiologically make their brain and body deteriorate over time.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

First, can the OP explain which race was discriminated here in this, ahem, news article?

But even getting past the absence of any examples of racism in this case, what I am taking away from the article is that someone is being picketed/demonstrated because of the topic or content of their speech. So the first question... are other individuals with similarly offensive speech content (ie. nazis, racists, misogynists,etc) also demonstrated against?

The real topic of discussion in this case is not "racism" but free speech. I have to admit I don't know how free speech is handled in England versus the US. But odd the OP chose to criticize "liberals" (in the US?) as racists using an article about free speech in another country.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Your problem is there is no organized "Left" to be generalized about. Progressive ideas run the gambit of religious, environmental, economic, and political thought. Since it is usually egalitarian and altruistic, there's no money for it like the right wing astrotruf organizations get, no one pays for centralizing thoughts and actions.

6. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Did you really just say there's no money financing progressive groupthink?

I bet you don't believe that leftist protesters are paid either.

Oh, and 350.org, greenpeace.org, and others are just grassroots websites that don't have massive amounts of money behind them.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People on the left often fool themselves into thinking that groups on the left are "altruistic" and groups on the right are "greedy" or "evil". It's naive, but I mean, if you are on the left that's almost a given.