1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bristol Palin: Children do better with mom, dad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, May 12, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

There are gender differences between a mother and a father and child learns and experiences when exposed to both ideally.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

We're not talking about couples vs. single parents. This is about straight couples raising kids vs. gay parents raising kids.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Most of those (non-physical) differences are derived more from social constructs than biological factors, and we're moving more and more towards a society where children's behavior is less stringently governed by traditional gender roles.

Also, that 'ideally' caveat needs to be addressed. When you consider what goes into adopting a child, it could be argued that children of same-sex parents have better statistical odds of being raised in stable, loving households than those born to opposite-sex parents.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not to the point that it justifies discriminating against same sex parental households. People used to claim the races would be better off if they were segregated; others still rationalize bigotry as some kind of survival mechanism, doesn't make it any less a pile of crap, shoveled by jerks, to justify nonsense.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They'll learn enough about gender differences by observing their other friends' parents or the hundreds of adult authority figures of both genders that they'll deal with for eighteen years.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

easy there...

behold my friends. the day it went critical mass..

pulled from ass that same sex parenting 'statistically'is the way to go. next up is only same sex couples allowed to adopt. nice job.

reminds me of my girlrlfriend at time (now wife) worked in makeup industry with many gay people. all of her gay co workers had their 'partners' on the health insurance and toggled in and out of dudes all day long on that insurance.

It was good health insurance, and we had dated for many years so she thought I might try to get on her insuranc. she tried to set me up...nope.

sorry cant get insurance if not married.

if you are gay. no problem.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

shouldn't the question be, is having same sex parents better than having no parents?

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I feel bad for the kids growing up with a crazy grandmother.

10. what

what Member

Does Bristol want another baby daddy, I'll offer my services.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First, it's obvious you're not smart enough to realize that was a statement about the requirements for adoption rather than the inherent superiority of gay people as parents.

Second, take a few minutes to think about why same sex couples would have been provided access to health insurance without being MARRIED, while hetero couples were not given that option. I've provided you with a hint to help guide your thinking.