1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Practice Interviews - Day 1 [Training Camp]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arjun, Sep 30, 2014.

1. arjun

arjun Member

2. arjun

arjun Member

those black and red practice jerseys dwight and ariza are wearing....are so sweet. so sweet.

3. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

do you know if I can buy one of these?

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  5. cdastros

cdastros Member

It sounds like the starting 4 spot is an open competition.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Papa for the 4 spot?? I would love it, the more shooters the better. That way Garcia can back up Ariza and TJ off the bench. If it means Adrien or D-mo, less excited.

7. ipa

ipa Member

Damn, Papanikolaou can shoot!

I mean, I know it"s practice, but still. Nice shooting form!

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Thanks for the vids, Clutch!

I couldn't quite make out what Nick Johnson's rookie duties were. Something about madden?

Also, Papa can shoot!

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The Terry-Johnson connection hasn't been talked about enough. Nice mentor for him.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

is Clint Capela at camp?

11. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I like Terry's demeanor.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is interesting, I would really like to see more of what DMo and TJ are doing during training camp

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I had the same question, but a couple others saw him. He just exited quickly as we entered I think... we didn't get to see any scrimmage today.

1 person likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Papa what's his name has a sweet shooting stroke. How big is he?

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Terry has a lot of swagger. He is a bubbly type of personality. Always laughing and joking. He will be a great veteran presence for the team, a kind of player-coach. I just wonder about the player part. Does he really have anything left?

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Let's not get carried away. Dwight Howard makes over 80% of his FT's in practice. Generally players make way more of their shots in practice. I think we should realistically expect Papa to take some time to adjust to the 3pt line and the NBA in general.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm slowly becoming more pumped about this team as the offseason winds down. It was a hard offseason in terms of how it started and what took place but I'm really liking this group of guys and the mindset we are having this training camp.

Last season, I felt that we were cocky in a sense. Like they were entitled to things;we were "too cool" to do the little things. We saw that attitude from certain players last season and lost games we shouldn't have.

This time around with all the doubters and naysayers, we seem to adopted an underdog mentality. This is the mentality you need to be successful. I hope we stick to that.

18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Ariza's energy so much more this run with the Rockets. He seems a lot more mature. Last time he was pouting all the time.

19. alethios

alethios Member

True, but you can see something a little more special in Papa's form and demeanor that suggests he may be a Delfino-type player.

20. Moleb

Moleb Member

During the Dwight Howard interview, I'm laughing at the last guys question about Trevor Ariza. The interviewer said that Ariza puts a lot attention to defense, then asked Howard can that rub off on "SOME" people. The reporter could have possibly been implying to Harden, but Howard professionally countered the question by saying we "ALL" need to put more attention to defense.