1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RoxTurk, Jan 10, 2010.

1. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I don't know how credible this Peter Vecsey guy is, so lock it if he's a liar.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/lakers_deal_for_raptors_star_has_FbaSSsePPGi1gsgGsfES9M

If somehow this trade happens, Lakers will be champs for 5 years and Toronto will regret getting Bynum, he is very OVERRATED because he's playng in LA Lakers.

Jeez just look, Bynum played just 15 good games last year and he considered for MIP. Brooks is playing like an all-star and nobody's even mentioning about him.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If offered, I'd imagine Bynum would be the best thing the Raptors can get for Bosh, assuming they are not keeping Bosh.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be great for Toronto, but I doubt Bosh would stay in LA......not enough shots for him.

DD™

#3 DaDakota, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I think Vecsey makes up rumors most of the time.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's kind of funny reading pages of people saying Bosh isn't even worth Landry, and here's the Lakers offering Bynum for him.

If the Lakers do get Bosh, then as a Rockets fan I can only hope Kobe starts getting old FAST. Because otherwise, I fear no amount of Morey genius can get us to the finals.

6. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Sorry, but Andrew Bynum is a better offer than anything the Rockets can put together.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't know if even the Lakers could afford Kobe, Pau AND Bosh. Getting Bynum in return for Bosh is probably the best the Purple Dinosaurs could hope for. If the Lakers kept Bosh long-term, they might win 75 games/year. It would move Pau from PF to C, but Bosh would more than make up for it. You could put 71 year-old Jerry West in the backcourt next to Kobe and the Lakers would still win the championship.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, BOSH = hand them the trophy for the next 6 years.

The NBA should block this trade on competitive imbalance issues.

I agree thacabbage, if the Lakers are offering Bynum, that asset is tough to match.

9. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I agree. Let's hope this rumor is not true 'cause Bosh is a better player than Bynum and would be a better fit playing the PF position in the triangle offense with Gasol playing C. The Lakers will dominate the league for 5 years and Kobe would have a chance to be regarded as one of the best player in the history of the game ever. I hate this. :mad:

10. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

This piece of news just ruined my day. :mad:

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

It's by Vecsey, so it's pointless. Guy is a utter junk reporter.

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Who doesn't want to play for the LA Lakers? It's not like Bosh is not going to get his max contract.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, not that difficult. Fisher comes off the books this season, and Sasha/Morrison both come off next season(or earlier if the Lakers can dump them on another team with picks). That's ~$16 mil/yr right there. Not to mention Bynum himself makes only ~$6 mil less than Bosh.

At worst, the Lakers just have to bite the bullet for one year. And their bad contracts would all be off the books.

14. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I like this trade a lot, probably the best trade I've seen for him, plus it places Bargnani back to the PF position, his natural spot. I don't if financially this can work, but it sound good for both sides.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Lakers wouldn't be able to afford such a team. At least, they wouldn't be able to afford a bench.

Bynum makes around $13,000,000 (how grotesque). Bosh would command another $3,000,000. In two years Kobe'll get an extension, starting at, what?, $24,000,000.

If and when anything happens to one of the Jackson Five---Kobe, Artest, Bosh, Gasol, Odom---you'd have problems.

If anything, I see the Lakers trading Bynum for a smaller contract and/or a pick.

Besides, if Bynum's BYC, then it isn't so very straightforward anyway.

#15 ROXTXIA, Jan 10, 2010
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You talk about OVERRATED in a thread about Chris Bosh, but don't mention him as overrated?

Bosh=most overrated player in the nba

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A guy who is used to being the number 1 option and having his pick of the ball...suddenly not getting the ball....that is who....

As I said in another thread:

This has chemistry spill written all over it.

DD™

#17 DaDakota, Jan 10, 2010
  18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'd agree with this. Let's suppose they trade Bynum and have Bosh resign for 17 million, which is about what Gasol makes, so it's a fair amount. The starting five combined then are about 75 million dollars, with a bench of Sasha (slightly better than Cook), Luke Walton (crap), Shannon Brown assuming he executes his player option (okay) and their draft pick. And they don't have a point guard at all aside from Brown. I actually don't know if this would be a title team. The minute one of the five, most probably Kobe gets injured, they're doomed.

19. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I'm sure re-signing Bosh would be the least thing to worry about for Kupchak provided this hypothetical trade goes through.

Garnett and Allen used to be number 1 option on their teams and here they are meshing well on the Celtics. Are they getting as many touches as they do before?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

This and not saying DD himself said this,maybe he did, I dont know, but many said the same thing about Ron. "Ron wants his touches, how does he fit? It may cause chemistry problems". They seem to be doing ok.