1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James still desperate to be loved

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by downbytheriver, Dec 7, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11993849

What a load of baloney. Non elected royalty according to the Brits, who's job consists of going to charity events on taxpayer money , and LeBron is kissing ass already trying to get the Brits to buy his shoes. Pretending royalty exists and these average Joe's have any association to it is as low as it gets for a sporting icon.

Lost more finals than he's won, 30 years old and still hasn't grown a spine.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Only 2 rings.

What a loser.

3. SPBR

SPBR Member

He wants soooo badly to get knighted someday.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I have no idea what you mean by these average joes have association with royalty, he's going to be the head of state of 15 nations, and basically all the US' main allies.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Class act.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can he give an interview in a good British accent like Arian Foster?

8. downbytheriver

Talking about the freeloaders "prince" and "dutchess" who are staying at a 15,000 dollar a night hotel charading around as royals. I can't believe people are sad enough to say playing in front of them is any more an honor than someone who paid their own money for seats.

9. downbytheriver

Lol. He'll say any thing to increase his brand value. Th e issue of class is not even an issue here.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Seems harsh. For some Americans, it's a tradition/hobby to follow the British royal family. I personally don't do it, but it seems as if it was something LeBron's family did while he was growing up. It's also kind of ironic since he's the self-proclaimed King of basketball.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What do you expect him to say? he has to say "ohh yeah i feel so honored that some white folks that were born into power are coming to watch me play."

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

not everyone shares your views on royalty

there are people that like symbolic things and traditions, there's nothing wrong with that. Japan still has an emperor and is still highly respected and honored.

13. downbytheriver

Well you never hear players talking about how honored they are to play in front of former slave owners. That's another old money tradition as crass as this one. I mean, if it's a little girl I don't really care they've got their fantasies and dream scenarios but for a grown man to say it I was taken aback, even if it's for sponsorship reasons.

1 person likes this.
  14. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

LeBron is a class act and I hope he retires a Rocket.. :cool: :p

15. Aleron

About as likely as an english athlete referring to obama as "a guy elected by a bunch of loud mouthed idiots"

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Lebron James is the closest thing we have to American royalty today. Please show some respect.

17. Aleron

That's perhaps because there's no one alive whose lived their whole lives in the US that are former slave owners

18. downbytheriver

Descendants. People born into families and basically continue to employ modern slaves today. And atleast they earn their keep, these people are basically reality TV stars . Shld not be honored more than ppl paying their own way.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Umm, this is classic hater material. pretty funny, actually- at you, not him. Lowest? Oh please, hyperbole at its finest. Congrats.

Regardless of how you feel about the whole system, they are still respected and admired by millions. What they do has an impact on others. I could care less about them, personally, but I'm not naive to not understand their position in the scheme of things.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

OP is trying so hard.