1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Clutchfans brethren! I need your detective skills! Car got broken in to. Surveillance video

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Last night a group of punks pulled up in my cul-de-sac and broke in to every unlocked car they could find. My neighbors across the street had their car stolen. My wife's car was broken in to but nothing was taken, as we don't keep anything of value in our cars.

The video is of my neighbor's driveway. :35, 2:20 are decent shots of the thief's face, 6:20 is the best shot of their car.

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oqOPyhK50zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you know anything about this, please email me at xerobull at gmail or call Houston Crimestoppers at (713) 521-4600 and reference the Heritage Park Village car robberies on 10/7/15 in Friendswood, TX.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Looks like a scion car. Conclusion, its a member here by the name of scionxa

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

They look like a bunch of kids.

4. Xerobull

Yeah, and that's sad as ****. I worked in a state juvie school and that crap ain't no joke- far scarier than prison. Those scrawny kids would be gang raped within 24 hours.

I thought he'd be taller, though.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Look to be like teenagers. I thought I counted five and a dog.

That's messed up.I hope they catch them. They'll GI barking up the wrong tree one night if they continue.

6. Xerobull

They're pretty damn lucky; my 'hood is full of gun aficionados. The neighbor who had the surveillance cams? He's a cop.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Huh door unlocked?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It doesn't excuse the crime, but why would you leave your doors unlocked?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

everyone left their doors unlocked? maybe not.

Xerobull, let me ask you a question. The last time you or your neighbors used your car's key fob prior to the robberies, did it take you two times to press your key fob button for it to work, vs just once.

#9 heypartner, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. Xerobull

On my part, this was a mistake, as we don't usually leave my wife's car outside. It was in the driveway because i was working on something in the garage. However, this is a very safe (complacent) neighborhood. People routinely leave their garage doors open and their cars unlocked. Made it a perfect target.

I know what you're getting at as I have seen the article on the fob signal intercept/recording/spoof device. These kids were just checking door handles, IMO. You can see the kid in the video testing door handles on the Jeep Grand Cherokee next to the white truck. I suppose it's possible but I would be surprised if they had that level of sophistication.

One of the neighbors swore he saw the car at some point last week. Another, an older lady, said she saw some kid on a bike videoing the area on his phone...it is important to say that she's in early stages of dementia, sadly.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Did they smash windows open or did they just check for unlocked doors or pick the lock on the other cars?

12. Xerobull

No broken windows/jimmied doors that I was aware of. They hit 8 driveways in under 5 minutes. They did leave as soon as they hit the jackpot and found the keys to the neighbor's car, which is a nice black Cadillac.

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I used to live in that subdivision a very long time ago. Maybe your side is fine, but the other side of the road is kinda ghetto.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe they are from that other side and it is a westside vs. eastside beef. Strap up.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like a malibu to me:confused:

[​IMG]

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Kids did this in my neighborhood all through high school... they would just check every car to see if it was unlocked, and grab whatever they could find. Chances are they'll be at it in another neighborhood soon. Probably not your again any time soon.

17. Xerobull

I'm in the newer part of Heritage Park (Heritage Park Village) right behind the high school. It gets a little iffy as you go farther south, with the oldest part on the other side of Bay Area Blvd. I rented a house in that part when I first moved back to H-Town from Ft. Worth. I didn't want to buy a house there but it wasn't terrible.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Looks like teenage kids with nothing to do. Perhaps a hobby. I count 5 of them and 1:30 AM seems relatively early to go on such a dangerous excursion. They must have been circling the neighborhood on the regular to look for patterns.

Question: Why would they have to "break into" unlocked cars? Wouldn't be easier to just open the unlocked car and take whatever they want?

19. Xerobull

The time struck me as too early too. I don't think they were bored, though. Big time felonies stealing cars and guns.

Broke in...semantics. Here you go:

loot, plunder, raid, ransack, abscond, burgled, despoiled, dispossess, heist, filch, liberate, lift, pilfer, pillage, pinch, purloin, rifle, sack, scrounge, swindle, swipe, take, thieve, do out of, rip-off...that work for you? ;)

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Too bad nobody caught them and put a bullet in their ass.