1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I can't wait to go back to the physical keyboard with the Blackberry Priv. There are no high end phones with physical keyboards anymore. Does anyone know if it will have a ton of bloatware? I am just sick of Samsungs apps being forced down my throat.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Explain the music part please.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Google Play Music....if you have music in the cloud, you still can't download individual songs from an album....unless you do it in a playlist (dumb). Other little things in the way music is managed. Apple's iPod history gives them a huge advantage on this.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I was able to just now, click on the song, it has the download button just to download that specific song. The song I tried wasn't even in "My Library" or any playlists I've created.

5. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I had this issue, but Play Music has this thing called "caching". When you play a song from the cloud, it caches to your phone so it becomes immediately available to you when you play it again. It can be enabled in the settings.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

So, in a way, it does it automatically for you.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I liked Play Music. Then I realized I could only make a playlist with 1,000 songs. What a waste. If I'm listening in my car, like I do, I need some variety. My Spotify playlist has 1500+ songs and enables me to download them to my phone, which saves me tons of data streaming.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Never worked for me. Anyway....it was more than that. Android was not worth the hassle after awhile. There was NOTHING special about it.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The only Android skin I really liked was HTC Sense.......probably should have stayed with the HTC One over the LG 2 & 3. In the end, 4 years of Android was enough.

9. Rodsolus

Rodsolus Member

Oneplus 2 invite here for those interested.

invite

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Looking to switch away from iPhone having the 4, 5, and 6. Any recommendations would be helpful, here are a few things that I would need:

1. Good battery life and camera.
    2. Slim body. I am very active and often have my phone on me so larger phones like a 6 plus are out.
    3. Waterproof would be a plus too.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Slim non-phablet android devices with good battery life is really hard to find. Android just doesn't provide the level of system performance that iOS does. Apple can pack a sub 2000 mah battery and produce above average battery life. Do the same with android and it wont last 3/4 of a day.

The iphone 6s hits every category (including waterproofing even though apple never announced it). Otherwise maybe a Samsung Galaxy s6 Active?. It has a huge battery and is waterproof without being a phablet. It's not a pretty phone but it hits every category (although it may not be slim enough for you)

Android and battery life just doesn't mix. It's honestly a big problem that needs to get resolved. Android 6.0 supposedly will help but it still wont produce iphone like battery life.

1 person likes this.
  12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Would suggest the Sony Xperia line, although OS updates might be an issue (like it is for all non-nexus devices).

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Thanks. Ya I looked at the S6 Active but a little too bulky for everyday use. Not sure if I am just looking at my phone a lot more but seems like I'm down to 10% battery at the end of the day when I remember having good battery all throughout a night.

I am also looking at the Edge since specs put it a tiny bit smaller than the S6.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

15. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Xperia Z Compact lineup. IP*7 ratings. <5" screen. Adequate camera. Close to 3000mAh battery size.

Xperia phones come with Stamina Mode which prolongs the battery life of the phone.

16. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Also, take a look at the Blu Vivo Air LTE for 199. Thinnest phone out there with 4.7" screen, decent 8MP shooter, 720P AMOLED, and 2000mAh battery. Read some reviews and it looks like the battery life is pretty good for the size. Only issues are that it's only 16GB with NO expandable storage and Blu's update history. For 199, I'll live with it.

17. hlcc

hlcc Member

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Yeah, looks like the store just updated w/ this.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The 6P is shaping up to be a pretty bad ass phone. I wish I was currently in the market for a phone because I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Good recommendation.