1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stingiest restaurant chains

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by likestohypeguy, Oct 7, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

pizza hut now charges you for those packets of cheese and red pepper. back in the day, they would throw in 4 of each.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yea... But the margaritas at Chimy's are amazing!

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's the kiss of death for a Mexican joint IMO.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I think that's playing even, with all the stinginess ;)

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with any one chain, in particular. Some charge for sauces, some don't. If they want to charge $.40 for an extra syrup, fine. I have found that it's specific locations that piss me off:

1. There is a Fazoli's that never, ever puts plasticware in the bag. Ever. Always have to ask. You ask for a couple of packs of parmesan, they put one. Every time. Same with napkins. One. Every time.

2. There is an Arby's that I will never, ever go to anymore. I started keeping a record on the Notes on my iPhone about how they screwed up my order, wouldn't give anything extra, etc. b/c they were so bad. Horrible place, horrible manager- and I'm nice as pie to these people b/c I still remember working in fast food.

Other than that, everyone else is fine. If you ask nicely, most will give you extra without blinking. Except those 2 above.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Keeping notes on fast food service, lulz.

8. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

at this Asian Restaurant by my house we ordered 2 adult meals and 2 kids meals. We drink water because its healthier - I asked for 1 cup of water for my 2 young daughters to share (because the only table available was really too small for the 4 of us) and the owner actually told the lady to charge me for 2 cups. For Water. Its from the freakin' tap.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yeah, I was a bit of a pathetic loser in that regard.

10. Buck Turgidson

In a place with options that would be a deal-breaker for me. There's a new local mom&pop place that is the best Tex-Mex in a 3 county area, and they do charge for chips and salsa. It's just about the best salsa I've ever had though, and I'm happy to pay a little extra to support them and hopefully keep them around.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the Chipotle charge for chips is pretty ridiculous.

12. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

McDonalds!

They do not put ketchup in the drive thru unless you ask an even then they had you 2 packets.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Maybe you should go back and check it out... 10, 15 years?

they don't seem that stingy to me when it comes to portion size, they're just another alternative to luby's. You can get full for less than 10 bucks drink included.
    Not to mention add a bowl of chicken soup for only a buck and change extra.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

take it outta their tip