1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RealGM] Beverley, Lin And The Rockets' Meritocracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rookie34, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/227430/Beverley-Lin-And-The-Rockets-Meritocracy

Nice read. Lock up if already posted.

2. cw3k

cw3k Member

Good read. thanks.

But Rockets really need is a new coach, but messing with the roaster again. Even at the 4th, if developed right, we might have mid-range next season

3. TheJet

TheJet Member

Sometimes you have to mess with the roaster a little to get the meal to turn out right.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

WOW, that is ironic.

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

This totally made sense... :rolleyes:

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Hey I understod it! we need to keep the same roaster in the 4th, lol.

8. CertifiedTroll

The problem with our team is that Harden needs to play harder defense, J Lin needs to improve in the off season on both ends of the floor, Asik needs to practice catching the ball, and we need a real PF. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing JSmith as long as we limit his offensive touches.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good read. I don't see him replacing Lin as the starter, but it's not out of the question.

10. Fighton

Fighton Member

if this is the trend, can we expect average nba salary to go down now that there's all of a sudden an increase in supply?

obviously the superstars are still going to get theirs but for your average role player like bev and countless others that hover between 5-8mil range.. wonder if we'll see their salary go down to the 3-7 range...

but when it comes down to it, we'll still be paying just as much for tickets as ever before.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That has what to do with Beverley's route to the NBA?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats really not a bad idea, he and Lin would be great on pick and rolls. I would prefer Lamarcus Aldrige but J smoove would make Lin game better.

13. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

As a Lin fan, I agree 100% Beverley is a better fit with Harden than Lin.

Lin and Harden do not mesh well this season due to Harden is too much of a ballhog and JLin is not good enough in catch and shoot.

Just don't understand why Houston needs another PG while Harden can totally be the PG any day. He does this in every 4th quarter of the game.

A good catch and shooter with good defence (such as Jodi Meeks) will make Houston a better team in every way.

Trade Lin or Beverley, and let Harden play the starting PG.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

It doesn't quite work that way. You need a capable playmaker next to Harden to make defense pay if they load up on Harden and/or (try to) deny him. Otherwise defenses will overload/glue on Harden and run whoever you put at PG off the 3 point line.

Ideal PG next to Harden: Good defender, good 3 point shooter, capable playmaker, capable running the offense in stretches, secure with the ball.
    Personally I think it would nice if this player had an edge to him to set Harden straight when he's beeing selfish, but that's just my opinion and probably isn't necessary.

1 person likes this.
  15. Fighton

Fighton Member

maybe a little off topic from original post just want to chime in the thought that harden and lin can't function well together.

have we forgotten the headline "best back court in the NBA" from early in the season? we've had 82 games to look back on, and when they are both on and clicking, they are as good as any back court tandem out there. when you can get 50 pts and 20 assists from your back court more than a few times over their first season together, you give it more time to see if they can duplicate that on a more consistent basis.

harden can't be the PG for the whole game, 82 games a year. yes he does have the ball most of 4th quarter but have that been effective for us? i think it's a crutch that the team relies on too much but they'll grow out of it.

you don't break up this tandem based on what they've shown to be capable. if we're in it to win NOW, and the whole championship team is in place and this is the only piece of the puzzle that they need to figure out? then yeah you go with the safe bet which is prob bev. but we're not. give them another year together.

16. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He's not on every team's scouting report yet. Next season he will be.

17. cw3k

cw3k Member

McHale does not agreed with you. For McHale, Harden is all he need. If it is up to him, he would dismiss the other 4 so Harden can go 1 vs 5 in the truest form.

1 person likes this.
  18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

*bad memory, so if I'm off base... my bad* But, I think players are guaranteed a % of the revenue, so even if salaries go down, it just means all players will receive a paycheck with their slice of the difference.

19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You're still going on this thread after that breakout debut you had huh? Well, good luck... Seems like you just upped the ante on stupidity yet again.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Andre Iguodala would be the perfect running mate next to Harden.