1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we trade down to get Tywon Lawson?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jasonemilio, May 13, 2008.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He is the fastest player-period- in this draft. Plus, he's actually a pass first point guard. Think TJ Ford but with 20 extra pounds of muscle. I think he can the missing link (ie a good point guard !). But from what I've seen of him, his jumpshot needs work, but hell-so does Rafer! So what do you guys think?

Draftexpress's Profile

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'd have wanted Lawson in January, but he didn't really wow me with any playmaking abilities in the tournament, and our lack of size in the bench REALLY got exposed in the playoffs. So...seeing as the PG situation is the most difficult issue to address, my money is on Morey doing what he did last year and shoring up everything else. Last year it was PF, this year it will be getting a speedy, LONG, penetrating wing to backup Tracy and Battier and be the first option off the bench for scoring purposes.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson was injured.

He's the real deal.

4. khimmatramka16

i honestly think dj augustin would be better for us.. he shows brilliant flashes of steve nash.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We need size at the 1 spot. Deron killed us,Lawson doesn't have the ability to shoot either.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Have you seen Lawson? He's built like a college running back.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We already have sub-6ft backup point guard. What will we do about the need for size from the wing spots? Wing could be a very deep year in the draft, with the likes of CDR Cortney Lee Brandon Rush and Bill Walker being picked somewhere in our range. I really hope we don't get Ellington though, 6"4 is not long, and he proved nothing in college. And honestly I'm not excited about Rush either, he had an older brother with a similar MO out of college, and we already know the ceiling of that guy.

8. Gwill88

Gwill88 Member

A big thumbs down for Lawson (IMHO).

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Why not? Get small or smaller. We are going to waste our pick again anyway.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm leaning towards trading for a 2nd rounder and taking a flyer on Lester Hudson.