1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrison twins out of Houston, TX

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LCAhmed, Sep 18, 2012.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Andrew Harrison and Aaron Harrison. Twins out of Houston, TX (Fort Bend, TX) go to Travis HS. Seen them in SLAM MAGAZINE 2 or 3 times already. Class of 2013, could be one and doners for 2014 draft. Ranked #3 and #4 behind Julius Randle and Jabari Parker. Standing at 6'5" each and playing Guard positions, these kids could really become something special. Thoughts?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jmG42HuT-9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sy-61kPaV0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Who's the best twin in the history of the NBA? Horace Grant?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've played against them multiple times in high school ball as well as AAU ball...these kids are undoubtably the real deal.

As you could imagine, they have impeccable chemistry with one another, and since their a packaged deal with their college selection, I suspect they'll immedietely step in and feed off one another like usual.

They have the same measurables and such, but they play entirely different games, which is what really is intriguing about them. Andrew is the point guard, and he has insane ball handling and driving ability. Gets in the paint at will, but can step out and shoot it as well, not to mention he's got really good vision and really looks to get everybody involved scoring the ball, yet he can do so as well. Aaron is the shooting guard, and naturally the more dynamic scorer. He's got more scoring moves than Andrew, but obviously less playmaking ability in terms of getting teammates involved.

Whoever gets these guys will be in great shape. I expect really big things out of these dudes, and I wish them well. It's always fun to say you've gone up against some of the best.

2 people like this.
  4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Interestingly enough, Draftexpress has both projected as lottery picks in 2014. But has one listed as PG, Andrew Harrison, and the other, Aaron Harrison, listed as a SG.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Read the post above yours :)

6. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Yep they play different positions. Different approaches and mindsets to their game.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Five years ago when my son's middle school team went to Crocket to play, my mind was blown when one of the twins took off down the middle of the lane and slammed one home. By that time, the game clock was running continuously and they had long taken the score off the board.

Andrew is the PG; Aaron is the SG. Both guys are very talented and amazing to watch. I can't wait to see them play this season and see how much they improve. IMO, it's a done deal they are going to Kentucky. No way it's Maryland or SMU.

One thing is Aaron needs to work on his toughness. During the 2nd half of one of the games against Bush at Wheeler, a Bush player started impeding Aaron from crossing the half-court line without the ball and he wimped out and gave up. This happened several consecutive possessions. No way Andrew would have let that happen. Andrew needs to learn how to shoot better, but that will come.

9. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I watched them in the state tourney last year its obvious Aaron is the alpha male I cant say I was overly impressed. I will follow closely and see how they progress in a more structured basketball system. Aaron just seems like a ball hog that needs shots and will cop an attitude if he doesnt get them. I may be wrong like I said only saw one game.

10. LCAhmed

11. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

I went to HS with them last year!!! ps THS going State this year!!!

12. bacteria10

bacteria10 Member

They look like a cross between Paul Millsap and Nicolas Batum..., maybe its just me tho

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You mean going to WIN State this year since they lost in the title game last year.

14. LCAhmed

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Tom and Dick Van Arsdale each had 3 All Star appearances while Grant only made one.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Twins suck. Do not want twin on Rockets after Busty Morris experience.

17. LCAhmed

Atleast we didnt get a Jarron or Jason Collins?

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well you're clearly a highly objective person....:rolleyes:

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223763/Harrison_Twins_To_Announce_Decision_Thursday

Harrison Twins To Announce Decision Thursday

Andrew and Aaron Harrison, consensus top-10 prospects in the class of 2013, will announce their college decision this coming Thursday on ESPNU.

“Thursday will be the toughest decision I ever had to make but I’m looking forward to it,” Andrew Harrison tweeted.

The Harrisons are expected to choose between Kentucky and Maryland.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If they choose Maryland I might never stop laughing.