1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Bobby Sura....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cohen, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I've felt disappointment with many other players, but none like it was with you. In no other instance have I felt cheated because I didn't get to see a player play enough. I am still somewhat amazed that I had no idea what you were about until you arrived in Houston, or that any team would actually trade you.

Thanks for the brief time in a Rockets jersey. In my mind, you will epitomize toughness and grit on the court. I hope we are always fortunate enough to have a 'Sura' on the court, but I have no illusions about the likelihood of that.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

His name sounded like syrup.

Now let's wait for the internet genius to say "sura faints"

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

suras not reading this. he's at a bar picking up hot women

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

...oh yeah, loved the honeys that you always had on your arm, any chance of opening up a myspace account and posting up pics of all your conquests...

thanks bro,

peace out

fellow WBPS

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets do have a Sura on the roster now. He is not quite a true PG like Sura wasn't, he is a streaky at best outside shooter, he could fly in his youth just like Sura could, and now he has bad knees like Sura did with the Rockets. He even wears Sura's number.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Poor Rockets Dynasty - first Spanoulis then Sura.

7. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

bye sura, we will miss you

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Two things come to mind when I think back about Bob Sura:

First, that story about when Troy Murphy got drafted. Sura calling him afterwards to say that he could have his number... he just had to fight him for it.

And, of course, his defining moment as a Rocket: Yao gets totally cheap-shotted by Josh Howard earlier in the game. Later in the game Sura tackles his sorry ass, clearly in retribution. THAT'S RIGHT!

9. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I miss him now....

10. krockets

krockets Member

Bobby gave his "last drop of blood" to the Rockets, thanks Bobby and I wish you the best..

11. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

now that was a stone ass competitor

12. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Assistant coach for the rox?

13. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Good luck to bobby! I woulda started him were he completely healthy. He was the whole package.

You will be missed!

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He ain't tough like Sura, so he hasn't tackled any opposing players for messing with his teammates.

15. ekim

ekim Member

Bob... god damn it why didn't you get healthy :mad:

Imagine this line up:

Sura, Scola, Yao, Tmac, Battier

Now that's a NBA size line up...

16. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Exactly what i've been saying all along. Francis would have been perfect for JVG.

17. rockets34

rockets34 Member

Don't know if you guys are interested but I played blackjack with him for a couple of hours this past friday at laubege. He was there with a fairly cute girl and her family looks like he may be getting serious. Its my third or fourth time meeting him but he was supercool and really down to earth. Said he really wishes he could play on the current rockets squad and really likes our chances this year. I am paraphrasing here because I was a little inebriated at the time and also hemmoraging money so thats the gist of it.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sura doesn't seem to have an overinflated opinion of himself and never was The Man so wouldn't opine the days that he was That Man therefore wouldn't whine to the public and media that he didn't sign up to not play at all. I don't think Sura would skip a flight to see the Super Bowl either.

In other words Sura wouldn't have an ego about the ways things are and would probably just keep quiet and wait for his chance. The differences between Sura and Stevie are too glaring not to ignore if comparisions are made between them. I personally would rather have a Sura ie. glue guy then Stevie, a malcontent in the making.

19. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Imagine...Sura, Wells, T-Mac, Hayes, Yao. The best rebounding starting line up in the NBA...Could have happened.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Lord, guys. I liked him too, but some of you are acting like he was Mario Elie or something.