1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey recognize how dumb this team is?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 8, 2015.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I sincerely hope so but I fear not since he keeps acquiring low basketball IQ players.

Corey Brewer, potentially bottom 10% stupidest players in the league.
    T-Jones is dumb as a rock doesn't know defensive positioning
    Dwight has been relying on his athleticism all career-long, he's never been intelligent
    Beverley tries hard but has terrible offense/defense awareness

You can't have 4 rotation players this idiotic on the same team, paired with a pretty smart, but extremely lazy player in Harden. The rest of the team is below-average IQ as well.

The only guy I really trust on this team to not f*** up is Harden (when he's motivated) and Montiejunas. I can only take so many boneheaded plays a year. Rockets are reaching the limit.

2. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I think you're forgetting somebody on this list.

Let me give you a hint... he's got a big ****in beard with hungover eyes

3. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

why does this guy have thread starting ablities?

reason why...

[​IMG]

4. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

/cry. I just wanted a win in Brooklyn. *sobs*

5. anchel

anchel Member

You are right.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

We need Jerry West to fix this mess. He builds championship teams because he just can.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dwight kept trying to get rebounds by outjumping his Lopez instead of actually outboxing him. This coaching staff sucks at teaching fundamentals. Whole coaching staff should go.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and if Morey is going to stick with McHale for so long, at least he can acquire guys who are already smart and don't necessarily need coaching. Jason Terry is one but he is too washed up.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup...

You cannot convince me the 2014-2015 season happened. There is no possible way in hell that this team, comprised of virtually the same group of players, made the Western Conference Finals.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe the League will change its mind and force Jerrry Colangelo on US. :eek:

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So how'd we get as far as we did last year with these low IQ guys and that terrible coach we got rid of? Hmm...

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bev tjones and Howard were hurt a lot.

So that might be your answer.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Rockets, not the Warriors, were the luckiest team last year. In the 1st round they played an outclassed Mavs team with a cancer Rondo and no Parsons. By far the weakest playoff team in the West.

In the 2nd round, game 6 was a once in a million event. It was like hitting the jackpot where everything fell into place for us.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Talent beats BBall IQ and teamwork.

15. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Another embarrassing defeat. We deserve this. This team needs discipline. We need a coach to impose discipline. If Morey does not understand he must go.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Maury analytics and stats don't check for IQ

IQ doesn't matter. At most it's only a 4-5 game difference and come playof time IQ is a coin flip

1 person likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey has his head up his ass trying to find more advance stats.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

What happened to in Maury we trust :(

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Daryl believes in the process. He will build the software. Then show you the spreadsheets on how to win a championship.

Pat Riley & Jerry West, they know basketball. They prove it by showing you their championship rings.

1 person likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's a good GM, but this year's turned into a disaster. The McHale hire finally came back and bit him in the ass. The lack of consistent shooters is killing them offensively. The lack of quality defensive players has reduced them to one of the worst teams in the league at that end of the floor now that Dwight is on the decline. And he f'ed up yet another first round pick with Dekker who won't even play this season.

He's got a lot of work to do the rest of this year and next summer. One of the most important decisions will be who coaches the team next year. He better take it seriously this time and not go with some players coach who'll let the inmates run the asylum.

1 person likes this.