1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most overrated player?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, May 26, 2009.

?

Overrated?

1. KG

21 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Ray Allen

10 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. Lebron

17 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Shane Battier

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Yao

25 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. Bynum

137 vote(s)
    55.7%
  7. Kobe

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Carmelo Anthony

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Dwyane Wade

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. Other

13 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Who is the most overrated player in the league?

If you pick other name the the player

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Joe Johnson

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Kind of funny that he was considered the most underrated star player in the league but his playoff performance probably put him in the overrated zone.

4. Air Langhi

Most of the guys I listed are really good players, but you have to be rated high to be considered overrated.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I voted Yao, though Bynum is looking way overrated these playoffs. I'll wait until next year when Bynum is hopefully 100% before calling him the most overrated. Twice he has looked like a future star and then hurt his knee.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I did not see the poll until now.

I'm pretty sure KG will win this since he is hated on this board.

7. Jackie1221

Jackie1221 Member

I put Lebron James just to make all the people on his jock cry.

According to how good of a player he is suppose to be, he is a bit overrated. Once he develops a consistent jumpshot, he will be on MJ's heals.

but on a serious note, i really the Dwade gets to much praise.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Kobe is safe unless you are one of those "Kobe = MJ" lunatics. In that case, he wins easily.

KG gets my vote.

9. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

esp since a lot of Rox fans want him

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The way the media has hyped Bynum you would think he's the next coming of Kareem. So far, he's slow moving, slow minded and just big. I question his commitment to Basketball. I feel he has NO love for the game, therefore he'll fail.

11. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Dwight Howard by a country mile.

12. Jackie1221

Jackie1221 Member

He's only overrated when he's playing Yao

Yao owns him!

13. pandazn

pandazn Member

On the list, Andrew Bynum. The guy's been a total no-show this playoffs apart from a couple games here and there.

14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Andrew Bynum, and it's not even close. Seriously, what is the deal with the fascination by the media and fans?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I would say Carmelo Anthony. Even at his best, he's not in the same class as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, or Kobe Bryant. Take any of those three players off their respective teams, and they are in the lottery. I don't think that's the case for Melo and the Nuggets.

16. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

:eek: You've got to be kidding me...

Melo has become one of the most underrated players in the NBA and nobody does compare him to LeBron, Wade or Kobe. The guy you are thinking of is Dwayne Howroids.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

While we are at big men, surprised no one has mentioned Greg Oden. Most of the listed players are probably deserving of their hype, except Bynum. Kobe and LeBron are by far the best in the league. The only way I think they could be overrated is if they are rated beyond certain all time greats who have won multiple championships and MVPs.

How can Yao be overhyped when he is top 1-3 center in the league, while he's rarely given preferential calls, his team doesn't appear on TV that much, and up until a few years ago the butt of jokes and rarely recognized as worthy all-star center (who was somehow fixed in by Chinese voting)? Did I mention some thought the Rockets were crazy for drafting him over Jayson Williams (proven college star)?

Joe Johnson is not as over hyped as people believe, he is rated as a high tier shooting guard, but never in the class of Wade or Kobe. Which is about right for him?

KG is definitely not over hyped, he could change the game for any team...I know people knock him for his failures in Minnesota, but didn't he make that doormat for a franchise team a perennial playoff team in the first place. Also, his numbers and competitive level never went down, like his quality of teammates after 04. KG is certainly in the discussion of being one of the greatest power forwards ever with TD, Malone, Barkley, and McHale. When you compare him to other power forwards all time and active, right now, I can think of too many who are better at it than KG in his prime. I'm pretty sure he would've won more titles, if you gave him Barkley's cast (KJ, Ceballos, DM, AC Green, and others) in Phoenix or even Jazz players (with great shooters and outstanding point guard, like Stockton) that Malone had. Garnett has only played on teams like that for maybe 3 seasons of his 13 year career.

1 person likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Bynum is hyped up by his potential. And he HAS potential. His potential is about as high as Dwight Howard's. The biggest question mark on him is whether he has the personality and drive to get to that level. And the constant injuries has not helped.

To me, I think Iverson is one of the most overrated players in the past decade. He was not good enough to carry a scrubby team to win it all. Yet his game does not mesh well in a good team like Denver. In short, if you have him on your team, you are destined to mediocrity. And he is considered by many people as one of the top tier all time greats.

19. Air Langhi

I think Bynum is pretty over rated. I mean 14 and 8 and he gets max.

20. Asian Sensation

Lamar Odom
    Amare Stoudemire
    Chris Bosh
    Rudy Gay