1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It was all Robert Horry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Enough said. Congratulations to Phil Jackson for waking him up this year, and congratulations to Robert for playing big time down the stretch. He was everything. Must have been having championship flashback syndrome. CFS.

John Salley, was clearly drinking saki on the bench.

Peter Vescey, why ask Bird 40 questions. Geez. Enough. He lost.

Glen Rice. Sucked it up and played well. Lakers need him more than they realize.

Phil Jackson. I don't like him, but he handled Rice situation perfectly and woke up Robert Horry. Two keys. He helped Lakers tremendously.

Isiah, oh my god. He was brought in to stop Salley.

Shaq. the big legendary! Awesome. Deserves everything.

Kobe. Well, um, ball hog, but did create shots for other lakers. So overall played well.

OVerall Game, YES! the NBA is back. That was some beautiful basketball for once. If only the Lakers could hit free throws...

Next Year, Triple Clutch!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

[This message has been edited by PhiSlammaJamma (edited June 20, 2000).]

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Didn't you love the bewildered, grateful look on Shaq's mug after the final buzzer? We only hate him because of The Goliath Syndrome; he's a great, hard-working hustler. Wish he were a Rocket! Congratuations to Shaq and the Lakers....

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

3. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Great game. A bit sloppy refereeing at the end that will make all the conspiracy-laden felons come out of the woodwork, but THAT WAS A GREAT GAME. Actually, a pretty good series overall.

Shaq deserved every bit of accolades he received. Kobe definitely has "IT". He can focus on his game and turn it on, almost at will.

I am still not a Jackson fan though.

I can't wait until the Rockets get on the floor with the 2000 Champions and see the matchups. I think we can still stay with them in a short series, but we desperately need some holes filled if we are going to get back to championship calibre.

How long before the season starts? [​IMG]

------------------

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Again, nothing to do with the Rockets.

[​IMG]

------------------
    We need some meat in the post and I don't mean Brian Grant!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

It's the Championship game for gosh sakes. I think this is where the rule is made to be broken. Leave the post where it is. It was the biggest game of the year and takes center stage.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

NBA Dish.

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.