1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody interested getting a suite for the Magic (3/11) or Jazz (4/1) game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave2000, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i talked about this in the Dallas trip thread last month, but wanted to see if there is any interest if anybody wanted to get a suite for the Rockets game vs. the Magic on 3/11 or the Jazz on 4/1. My personal preference is the game vs. the Jazz since Yao should be back by then, but Miguel might not be able to make that game because of work but for sure for the Magic game.

The only setback for the Magic game is trying to collect funds in time.

As for the price, I can get a traditional suite starting at $1,998.00 for a minimum of 12 people, and do the math, thats $166.50 a person. This includes a 10% discount im getting for being a season ticket holder. Again these are suites, which include food and drinks, but no alcohol.

The reason why I picked those games is because the Rockets labeled those 2 games as "B" games, in which is the cheapest games to get suites. To put it this way, if it was an "A" game such as Saturday's game vs. the Spurs, it would be $266.50 per person. :eek:

If your worried about credibility, ask anybody on here, I organized the ticket buying for the Dallas game at the beginning of the month, have given away tickets a few times (hell tried to give one last night), and have sold stuff on here before, so I know there's enough people here that would give recommendations that I won't run off with your money.

If interested, reply here with the game of preference and I'll see what interest we have here. As of now, Miguel and I are game for sure for the Magic game, and im for sure for the Jazz game if people prefer that.

Email me also if your interested so I can keep a count

david2000@gmail.com

EDIT: well i feel dumb, according to this flyer if we get 14 or 15, it would mark down the price to $144 a person, so we get that amount of people, it would be $22 cheaper as long as we can hit that number, not bad. :)

#1 Dave2000, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

First

I'll vouch for Dave...if something weird happens, I know how to get ahold of him (or actually know who knows how). ;)

second

Im assuming that the minimum is just that, a minimum.
    Is the price the same if we have 12 or 20?

obviously, the more ppl we get, the less the money. Right?

Im *interested*, eventho the price is just beyond what I can realistically afford, but damn man, how many of you have gotten to be in a suite? I have (thanks andy) and that is one great experience. a little further from the court than I like for that price, but you get your own waitresses and the Power Dancers come by and personally say hi for a few. :D

Seriously

If yoiu even THINK you MIGHT be able to swing it, lets see what we can pull off. This sounds like a great idea.

3. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

If you can get more than 12 people, count me in for the suite game. I've been to the suites at the TC are they are AWESOME. Free food and drinks!! With the Perfect side view. C'mon clutchfans, the more people, the cheaper is will be!

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

This is something I would love to do. My usual seats are on the very last row of the place, so a suite would be incredible to me. If we can get enough people, I would suspect that you can count me in. I'll try to get a friend to go, but for that price it might be tough unless they really want to go lol.

Either game is fine for me, although I think I already have a ticket for the Orlando game so I guess the Utah game might be slighly preferable. If the Orlando game is the choice, I'll just pawn my original ticket to family.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

dang, i didn't know they had A/B game pricing. That's not too bad.

Aren't luxury seats a fixed amount of tickets, though? that is: you can't have more than the suite holds. i thought the center ones were 12 seaters and the corner ones are 14 or 15 seaters. I'm not sure $20 is worth the savings to sit in a corner suite.

can you really get more tickets for a suite than there are seats?

btw: i can also vouche for Dave2000.

6. Dave2000

heyp is right, the corner suites aren't bad and that's the cheapest I can get a person. the max I can get in a suite is 12 for the center and 15 for the corners. so the price is the same regardless if its 5-12 people because its not per person but for the suite itself.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

if you get any interested, my preference would be Utah in a 12-seater centered as much as possible in the lower level of suites.

plus, i'll throw $15 into a Rockets2K tipjar to pay for his ticket. $15 times 11 other guys in the suite = a free ticket for Rockets2K.

maybe this could be an annual Rockets2K appreciation day event.

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i am absolutely down.

I just sold 4 gallons of sperm so i'm rollin in dough.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Rough night? ;)

10. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Your arms must be sore right now.

11. Dave2000

alright, so far here's whos down

me
    Miguel (for sure the Magic game, iffy on the Utah)
    VicVictory
    ClutchCityReturns
    heypartner
    Rockets2K

plus 2 guys ironcially named john that emailed me and were down, so thats 8 so far. 4 more and we're in business. :)

heyp, thats a great idea. How about this, since he's the MAN for giving us every damn game to d/l this year and the previous 2-3 seasons, how about some people pitching in to pay for his suite access? I'd throw in another $15 not a problem and hopefully other people here would love to donate.

12. gatechdude

gatechdude Contributing Member

I'm in if you can get more the 12 people for the March game..not 100% sure for the Utah

13. Dave2000

just to let u know, its going to be $166.50 regardless if we are getting the center 12 seat suites, we have to hit 12 people to get it where its that price a person. I wonder if there is a discount if we get 2 suites where we can get it next to each other for a total of 24 people... ill email my tix rep on that.

just got an email from lost_elephant who's down for the Jazz game, so im thinking thats the best game to plan for, sorry Miguel... :p

14. Dave2000

alright, this maybe doable, i got the following:

me
    Miguel (for sure the Magic game, iffy on the Utah)
    VicVictory
    ClutchCityReturns
    heypartner
    Rockets2K
    the 2 Johns that emailed me
    lost_elephant + 1 maybe
    dskillz

and my friend who got season tixs with me may hop on, so everybody who is still in, please respond or email me, need to find a situation to collect funds, dskillz already said that he can't get it to me till the 16th, which I am fine with. Everybody else that is interested, get back to me.

EDIT: ha, one of the Johns that emailed me is the lost_elephant's +1, and need to talk to Mig about the jazz game, so there are still 3-4 open spots available.

#14 Dave2000, Mar 2, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Damn, I wish I lived in/around Houston so I can attend!!

16. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I figure I'll take now to vouch for Dave. He's the freakin' man. Hell, I got my ticket for the dallas game before I'd even joined ClutchFans (lurkers ftw).

17. Dave2000

whatsup JOHN!! heh, i was going to email you and ryan (roderick_98) but I'd figure that you'd see it here. Would be awesome if either one of yall could come down.

18. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

dave,

i just shot you an email, i'd be down for 2 going to the jazz game.

everyone needs to chip in for r2k. that guy got me through some rough times w/o rockets games when i was in college.

19. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Wish I could be there. Another reason why Dallas SUCKS! It's too far away!!

20. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Dave is Definitely legit. Email sent.....