1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TracywtFacy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

For those that watch all the games, how is Landry looking? As good as last season, pre-injury? From watching highlights, he doesn't seem have quite the explosive movements like last season...

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

His jump shot looks good.

3. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

All I know is that when this guy goes up it's going to be dunked...that's the most part I've enjoyed about Landry. But other than that, yes, his mid-range jumper does look good

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He didn't have his explosivness at the beggining of the season but now he is back with a lot of dunks. I love his game.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love how much more finesse he has around the basket. he moves a lot better without the ball too.

6. 1individual

1individual Member

He's doing well on the offensive side, but probably did better last season with defense. He's still a huge help for our bench. The commentators always make fun of his height then he dunks on someone. :p

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He's added a little jump hook to his repotoire so he's been working on his post game. He is a live body and we could use another player like him, would love to see if we could move Hayes for someone like Anthony Randolph, Hayes has far too many 0 pt games in the box score for me. The Warriors might go for trading rookie potential for a solid defender/rebounder like Hayes.

8. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

This is the type of athlete I love to have on everyone's team. A guy that will work hard to bring a new skill set to his game. Like his 14 foot jumper is 75% money. I look at Landry and then I look at Luther. What a shame.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He looks the same physically. Maybe a little leaner than last season. His athleticism looks as good as ever this season although it looks like other teams are doing a better job of putting a body between him and the rim so he isn't getting as many dunks. His offensive game has expanded a bit. More range on the jumper and the ability to finish at the rim when he can't dunk it.

10. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

i was in the Nets game, he looks quite good but yes, he was not as athleticism as last year in the first quarter of the season imo. but I think it is coming bk, as he has been dunking a lot lately.

hopefully we get the old landry bk w/ his sweet mid-range jumper

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great on O, not so great on D.

DD

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Last season during "The Streak", Landry was good for 3 dunks a game. I counted. He was amazing.

This season, he's down to 1 dunk a game. Even that one dunk isn't the monster dunk's he had last season. So no, he's not nearly as explosive, IMO.

That said, he's still very efficient. When he's close to the rim, it's going in or he's getting fouled. His jumpers are about the same as last season ...good. He just never bothered to shoot many J's last season cause why bother if you can dunk it.

13. DaDakota

I don't think he is playing as hungry as he was last season, he is playing well but more complacent.

Honestly, I would trade him because he has good value and we could get a decent PG for him....and Luenan and Scola next year will be nails...an inside/outside type of combination.

DD

14. redao

redao Member

we have not given Landry big roles this season. He will step up in big games if you need him. no doubt.

Also, the PER of a "complacent and non-explosive" Landry is around 19, which is just good.

15. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

And that is going to kill him. All he did last year was dunk dunk dunk now that he has developed a jump shot this is gonna be somewhat of a problem. He is going to fall in love with it and forget about other areas. But hey if they are going in then thats that

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yes and no. Seeing that his j has improved shows that he's working on his game, plus that jump hook someone mentioned. Saying that he will fall in love with it is a different story. I think Carl knows his limitations and strengths so he will stick to attacking the basket and if the D tightens up on him, he'll raise up for the jumper. Easy as that.

17. HombreDeHierro

Maarty Leuenen? are you actually considering that guy??

18. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

I understand what your saying but there have been a couple of times when the lane was open where he could have easily drove to the basket for a much easier shot. Instead of doing that he has just shot the 15 footer jump shot. It goes in fine but I just hope he doesn't turn into Rasheed Wallace and fall in love with that shot. I see Scola doing it also but its going in and we are winning :D so im not complaining

19. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Landry is the and 1 machine on our team, every time he gets fouled, chances are he converted on the basket too. I love him.

20. DaDakota

Yes, he is a stretch the defense kind of backup PF.....I think Scola should be playing more minutes, and Landry and him are in each others way as far as playing time goes.

I think Maarty could have been on the team this year.

DD