1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ESPN] Sources: Strife builds within Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Mad sources, yo.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

... and Dennis Rodman on the triangle:

"They're not running the triangle. Derek Fisher's not really coaching. I know Phil is trying to throw his input in the background, but who expected this from Phil? They expected him, we're going to give you $15 million a year for the next six years and this team is -- wow -- they might not even make the playoffs."

"I learned that in probably 15 minutes when I was in Chicago," Rodman said. "It's not that difficult. It's a triangle."

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He does have a point. Rodman isn't exactly a genius, if he picked it up what is the problem?

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

any of his teammates will tell you he was one of the smartest basketball players

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Melo has always struck me as an extremely low IQ player so it's no surprise that he doesn't like the triangle. I imagine, at one point, he looked at Kobe and MJ and realized that the triangle can work for ball-dominant players but apparently he doesn't have the gray matter to grasp how to run it.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

IIRC his job in the triangle was to stand around on the weakside until a shot went up, then go in and grab the rebound, so I'm not suprised it took him 15 minutes to get that.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Honestly, who didn't see this coming? When you have to trade a championship piece like Tyson Chandler for "chemistry" reasons, the writing is on the wall.

That toxic environment won't attract Marc Gasol, LMA or any other big name.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Unfortunately for New York their bigs are taking longer than 15 minutes to get it.

11. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Shout out to the Knicks for always making the right decisions. They're a powerhouse this year led by Sir Anthony.

For those who are going to die in the playoffs, we salute you!

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like the fact that Tim Hardaway Jr is calling Melo out left and right. Everyone wants to walk on eggshells around Anthony but it's time for him to man up and actually be the leader he's supposed to be.

13. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lol for rodman thinking the Knicks would make the playoffs

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On the one hand, give Phil and Fish some time. Geez!

On the other hand, I never understood why anyone thought Phil would be able to run an organization. That's very different from coaching so success in one doesn't mean success in the other. And Fish, man, f*** that guy.

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I thought maybe with Jackson at helm things might start to look a little brighter at the end of the day, It is not any brighter. They're sucking even worst, and have one of the worst records in the worst conference LOL

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I guess I shouldn't have counted the one in the title, since he didn't write that, but I count 12 + the title one.

I wasn't planning on counting them or even thinking about it, but as I was reading the article and was like damn, he's saying "sources" a lot.

1 person likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The KEY TO A CHAMPIONSHIP FORMULA!

19. CertifiedTroll

I posted about this in the Random Trades thread not long ago, but I will post here too since it seems relevant:

20. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

[​IMG]