1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets make WCF this year...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 13, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

... will you still want to blow this team up?

2. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

It ain't happening Arthur.

3. omgTHEpotential

They still have the potential to be a top4 seed in the West and make the WCF.

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

stop dreaming

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I'd be looking for Fred the giant talking bunny rabbit bc I would know we're in a tangental universe..and I'd be looking for a portal back to the known universe before the collapse......:grin:

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Rockets might mess around and make the WCF lol

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Aint happening bro. The NBA playoffs very rarely have upsets...usually the top seeds always move on...unless a major injury changes the complexion of a series.The Rockets will most likely be a first round casualty...if they make the playoffs at all.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Rockets might go back to seeing number 14 again smh

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't want to blow it up now. They obviously have some changes that need to be made, but you don't have to blow it up to do that. Keep your core and build around that.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Odds of that happening are minimal but it's not impossible, just highly unlikely. The question posed by OP is an interesting hypothetical.

If they made it to the WCF I would keep the players that were instrumental to the run, trade anyone not useful and hire a real coach so they are prepared for next season.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if they won 10 straight rings would you wanna trade dwight in his 11th season here?

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

What's our path to the WCF? Beat Warriors and Clippers?

Not so far fetched imo. Freak injuries to Curry or Green could give us a great chance.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you're joking, but if you're depending on a freak occurrence for something to break your way, it's probably far-fetched.

14. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I believe this team will win the championship if they unleash Brewer and Capela to the superstars they are. Bench Harden, trade Howard. Run the offense through Corey and Clint. Iso the hell out of Corey. Versus the Warriors, I'd put Terry to shut down Curry and use Ariza as the starting power forward. Have Ariza post up, a la Dream '93. Then, Pat Beverley should be given the green light to match Curry 3 point by 3 point. Play Harden at center. Ted Cruz should be our president.

2 people like this.
  15. curbur

curbur Member

Care to share any of that fake bake you're clearly puffing on?

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

yep we'll make WCF after sweeping the warriors and spurs. they ain't even that good! :eek:

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Unless the team has some crazy Morey move, where somehow he manages to get a 3rd star/good role-players (w/o losing Howard, or getting a coach- lol not happening till off-season...), this group will be lucky to make the playoffs, **** if this meltdown happened last year they wouldn't even have a shot at making the playoffs.

So let's say this current dumpster fire rolls into the playoffs, they will get destroyed by just about anyone but maybe the Clippers. Unfortunately while the all-star weekend might get players refreshed, it's not going to fix JBB's worse than a kid's coach rotations/no playbook. So then when the playoffs come in and everyone locks up the iso-only Rockets it's going to be a repeat of the Portland series but probably worse.

Oh... so hypothetically right?? I'm not going to even bother because it really doesn't matter, this team can't beat ****. And even if they managed to make wcf, the moves SAS/GSW have made basically means that the window this team had already closed, and other than a few pieces needs a complete rebuild.

19. malakas

malakas Member

WCF doesn't just happen with a bottom 5 defence due to some kind of epiphany.
    So either we have traded for some kind of star while giving up crap, or almost every other opponent we face in the playoffs has their stars get suddendly injured.

Repped.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If kit Kats started flying out of my butt, should I open a chocolate shop?